FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kayak/canoe/wading river report.  (Read 1246 times)

bigr

Kayak/canoe/wading river report.
« on: May 01, 2015, 04:55 AM »
The rivers in the upper reservoir areas are prime for this type of fishing. All are down and clear as they get for the most part. All species of fish are getting active with eyes leading the ways. Lots of Wildlife like eagles,ducks and birds of all kinds,rats,beavers,mink/otters, I've seen them all this week.One of my favorite is seeing Baltimore orioles. This is the only time of year i see them around here. For those of us that like alittle change try out the rivers over the next month or so while they are at there prime. Let me suggest the Andrews to Wabash section, jigs with twisters,spinners, small cranks. You'll need a camera and net. Remember your blessings and good Good fishing.   

treepotato

Re: Kayak/canoe/wading river report.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 05:11 AM »
hey bigr, going to be on the wabash myself tomorrow. might see ya, ill be chasing eyes with twisters. are you tipping your twisters with anything or just fishing them bare? might see ya....good luck

bigr

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 05:53 AM »
Just 2" twisters in white or most often chartru, either pink or orange 1/8 oz head. This time of year i'll throw a # 2 or 3 mepps silver aglia for a change up. Later in the spring i'll go to a small chartr/orange crank for the a change up. I'll be in a green canoe. Good luck, let us know how you do.

bigr

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 11:09 AM »
On the river by 7am,off the river at 11am. Brought home a limit of 6, 5 sauger and 1 eye. Caught 4 other eyes.1 was short and the others where to big. Biggest was a 28 incher. Biggest I've caught in a few yrs. River was clear and quiet. Can't wait til next Saturday to do all over again. 

treepotato

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 08:56 PM »
hey bigr , congrats on the day. sounds like a great time . i had to make a last minute change of plans today but plan on trying the stretch starting at andrews shortly, not sure where to take out yet, thought maybe hanging rock but not sure if i have time to go that distance.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.