MFF US Midwest > Michigan
bobbers vertical or horizontal
(1/1)
rp dog:
When using bobbers I use the rocket bobbers in about 5" length and it lays horizontal on the water much easier for me to detect the bite. And they cast mile with my 9' rod. Started using them on river steelhead. What style do you guys use?
3300:
i use bubble gum slip bobbers when using minnows/worms. i haven't used any in so long now because i use my fly's i make instead and trout magnets when not using flies. no live baits needed any more.

i took some one fishing who likes to keep his bobber lying flat in the water to see the strikes better and no weights. he would just horse the gills in with too big of line/rod and not play them at all. i didn't see any joy in that method compared to using ultra-light gear. he was like i just want dinner and no fight so put me on more gills now.
boondox:
i use black bird clear bottom  red and green top floats in a 3.5 swan float for fishing jigs i am not worried about casting a mile more stealth then any thing i use a 1/16 ounce jig below them.. on 6 lb test so they are weight out and fished vertically.. so they fish does not feel it dragging the float under the water. that was for steel head if fishing trout i weight out a ton of split shot and add it to the line with just plain hook and fish live baits.. on four pound test same as steel head i don't want them having to drag to much under the water they let go of the float and hook if they feel it...    same for bass cat fish etc...etc....etc....
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version