FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eye Opener  (Read 4453 times)

Mac Attack

Eye Opener
« on: May 01, 2015, 06:29 PM »
Who's going out and where.

Jeff is coming out about 5:30am and we are hitting Erie.
Our launch is still not finished here on PB.
So we will launch from Sturgeon.
I'm really looking forward to the zoo there.
 ::)

yellowpike1

Re: Eye Opener
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:43 PM »
the zoo will be at hamburg and the bar there more perch fisherman than walleye  launching at st pt    :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:   been there done that water  still too cold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   YELLOWPIKE  :thumbup_smilie:
aka BIGFISH  on the shanty  aka Erieangler on here went old school with a new name !!!

Captain1978

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 11:51 PM »
Mohawk River. The plan is to limit out. Caught a nice Walter last weekend fishing for Bass. C&R only for all you  :police: out patrolling! Got 2 nice Pike the other day too. Again fishing for Bass C&R only with artificials. ....
El Capitano

fin reaper

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 12:58 AM »
I am at hamburg right now only boat here I got 4 in the box got a surface temp of 49.5 not crushing them by any means but I am picking away at them

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 11:24 AM »
Just got back.
Launched at Sturgeon about 6:30
Maybe 20-25 perch guys out then.
Trolled toward Evans Bar in about 18-20 FOW.
Picked up a smallie about 4-5# and then got an eye that we lost at the boat.
Leader broke.
I'm going to retie all of them.
They are at least 2 years old.
Dumb!!
Then got another smallie.
Turned around about 10 near the Bar and picked up a steelhead.
Got picks of the fish and the boys but can't legally show them.
 ;)
Didn't mark much.
Caught some fish and the day was a day fishing instead of working.
Good day out with my son Jeff.
When we got back to Sturgeon the perch guys grew in size major league.
Like 50 boats or more right outside the harbor about 1/4-1/2 mile out.

Mac

jeffmac85

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 03:00 PM »
First smallie was hand lined too, I'm blaming zebra mussels from Ontario line was extremely chafed.  Broke off before the board, went to retrieve the board and the fish was still on the end lol :o.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 03:52 PM »
Well, at least I boated a good walleye.  ;D

Along with a channel cat, 4 largemouth, 2 smallies, some gills and 4 pike, one of which was 34". Big for the spot I was at. Oh yeah and a 13 1/2" perch of all things :-\

Had my first "boat nap" of the season.....warm......pleasant......great day on the water.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Well, at least I boated a good walleye.  ;D

Along with a channel cat, 4 largemouth, 2 smallies, some gills and 4 pike, one of which was 34". Big for the spot I was at. Oh yeah and a 13 1/2" perch of all things :-\

Had my first "boat nap" of the season.....warm......pleasant......great day on the water.

Rg
Attaboy Bob,
Wasn't quite as lucky as you but got my first keeper Walleye of the season.. Big enough for Sweet Rita and I to have a meal. The boat is in the water and the new motor is finely tuned and running like a top. Plan on terrorizing Oneida this spring. Might come over your way and hit Irondequoit as well. Watch out.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 06:21 PM »
Skip I-Bay unless you want to wear yourself out on drum.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 07:36 PM »
First smallie was hand lined too, I'm blaming zebra mussels from Ontario line was extremely chafed.  Broke off before the board, went to retrieve the board and the fish was still on the end lol :o.

Yup Jeff.
It was a very interesting day to say the least.

BOTTOM COMING UP!!!!!

LOL

:D

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 07:40 PM »
BTW, Jeff spoke to a guy who told us guys are getting eyes deeper than typical for this time of the year.
(and of course deeper that we fished)

I think Jeff said 45-50 FOW

perchpirate97

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 08:07 PM »
seen some eyes come over the sides of boats in the perch pack today. we were in 48 fow. one boat was intentionally maneuvering throughout the perch pack trying to stay on the bait pods, eyes were mixed in and they were jigging them up with twister tails.

jeffmac85

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 11:57 AM »
Ha, I suggested shortening up or leads and trolling through the pack of perch herders on our way out, I'm sure we wouldn't have been very popular though to say the least lol.  And at that point at 6 am there were only about 15-20 boats in the pack not the 40-50 that were there when we left

Bosco

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 01:24 PM »
I don't know RG. I fish I-Bay as my Walleye home water all spring, summer, and fall and I do pretty good (at night). I got an 8 lber on opening night (the only fish of the night though). Last summer I had 7 eyes in the boat in less than an hour of fishing. That was the absolute best night of my life though. Very much an exception and not the rule. But when the alewives are done and it gets a little deeper into the season I can generally do 1 to 3 fish when it's slower and 3 to 5 fish when it picks up. For me, that's pretty good local Walleye fishing.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 05:31 PM »
OYE! Post some gps coordinates why don't you :-\ . Now all those skunked out Buffalo and Oneida guys will be swarming the Bay.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.