FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eye Opener  (Read 4454 times)

jeffro9023

Re: Eye Opener
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 05:55 PM »
OYE! Post some gps coordinates why don't you :-\ . Now all those skunked out Buffalo and Oneida guys will be swarming the Bay.

Rg

Isnt this what these sites are about RG sharing info with our fellow brethren? A comment like this coming from a mod none the less...OYE!
Where can I catch a crappie? Thanks in advance

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 06:34 PM »
Oh....bite the worm! You couldn't recognize humor if it bit you in the ass.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

jeffro9023

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Oh....bite the worm! You couldn't recognize humor if it bit you in the ***.

Rg

Apparantly that makes 2 of us  :D
Where can I catch a crappie? Thanks in advance

Mac Attack

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 07:16 PM »
You 2 settle down or you're both gonna go sit in the car.

8)

Bosco

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 09:09 PM »
I hear ya man. Sorry. However, GPS numbers are not required. Pick a stretch of shoreline and get casting. I think I-Bay is safe from an influx of out of towners though. When you've got Oneida to the east and Erie to the west there are much better options with many more years of tactics and locations shared among serious anglers. I have caught only 1 eye in daylight hours on the bay. I pull the 11:PM-3:AM shift and it's usually pretty lonely out there. Again, serious anglers have better options and those options don't result in 2 days of jet lag symptoms. I just like the peace and quiet and solitude of the middle of the night. However, every year it gets tougher to recoup from the all-nighters. If it was an outstanding and cosistent fishery word would've gotten out a long time ago and I wouldn't be the only boat out there. Seriously, I've spilled my guts on the L.O.U. site for years and fishing pressure hasn't ticked up even a smidgen.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 04:05 AM »
So sorry! I forgot I was a roll model for the masses. I stand, admonished  ::)

I haven't fished the bay at night in years. I heard the Irondequoit PD was ticketing vehicles at the marine park after hours. It's supposedly only open sunrise to sunset. Is that true?

I also don't like that the County bumps the launch fee 2$ on the weekend. And there's no senior launch fees.  I argued with the  ticket booth guy one Saturday asking why the fees were more. He said it's because there's more boats launching as though that was some sort of validation. I pretty much stay clear of the bay while the bridge is open. The big boat traffic pays little attention to fishermen on that water. I like quieter or bigger water in the summer.

So I'll say this once! THERE ARE NO WALLEYE IN IRONDEQUOIT BAY........NONE........NADA..

It's a joke......GET IT!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bosco

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 06:13 AM »
I park there overnight throughout the summer and I've NEVER gotten a ticket. I think it's because I've got a trailer attached to my car and they know I'm not just a drunk from Marge's Tavern who left their car overnight. I think that maybe they assume I've paid a launch fee and that's my price for overnight admission. They'd be assuming wrong though. I never pay the launch fee because I always launch well after the attendant has left and I'm usually pulling out before he arrives again. So....it seems that if you're a vehicle without a trailer you've got a fairly good shot at getting ticketed.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 10:15 AM »
Thanks for the info. I might just have to try that.
Rg

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 11:00 AM »
Keep it up guys. You are giving me just enough information to bring some of them eyes back to Fulton.  ;D ;D ;D ;D I have  an idea about that late night parking. just leave a note under your window wiper saying you paid your fee. .

Bosco

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 11:42 AM »
I'd keep your powder dry until mid-June or so. I'll be going out regularly in the meantime. Not because I expect to clobber them but rather because I want to continue to learn patterns and particulars and hopefully get a fish or two in the process. More of those 18"-22"ers for eating.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 11:55 AM »
You're always welcome JB.
Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.