FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga. Report  (Read 34711 times)

myemmy

Re: Sacandaga. Report
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 06:53 PM »
What's the good word for the Monday holiday?  Wind lay down? Biting fish?

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 06:26 AM »
No wind this morning but the key word is Holiday. After seeing the ZOO at the launch yesterday, I will stay off the lake. I don't care how well they are biting, they will be there....h2l

Had a boat hit the rocks out here on Friday evening. It looked like he did a number on his outdrive. The lake is down about 5'. You have to be careful....h2l

saltr

« Reply #32 on: Jun 03, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Decided to try the Northville area for Walleyes today. Stopped at Dave's Bait and Tackle for crawlers and the current hot lure. After setting up, within 10 minutes, had the first walleye. Caught a total of 4 eyes with two legal ones, all on downriggers down 8 ft. and back 50. Had two break-offs using crawler harness, got one close to the boat before it broke. I have now seen for myself there are some scary big northerns in that lake. If you swim in Sacandaga, I would make sure to have your shorts on securely. Many thanks to Dave for his suggestions! 

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #33 on: Jun 04, 2015, 07:06 AM »
Decided to try the Northville area for Walleyes today. Stopped at Dave's Bait and Tackle for crawlers and the current hot lure. After setting up, within 10 minutes, had the first walleye. Caught a total of 4 eyes with two legal ones, all on downriggers down 8 ft. and back 50. Had two break-offs using crawler harness, got one close to the boat before it broke. I have now seen for myself there are some scary big northerns in that lake. If you swim in Sacandaga, I would make sure to have your shorts on securely. Many thanks to Dave for his suggestions! 

how big was the northern??

saltr

« Reply #34 on: Jun 04, 2015, 09:34 AM »
As Billy Fucillo says HUGE!

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #35 on: Jun 04, 2015, 09:55 AM »
As Billy Fucillo says HUGE!

Like 45"+?

saltr

« Reply #36 on: Jun 04, 2015, 11:12 AM »
Did not see the whole fish, just the head and mouth,  which could swallow a softball with no problem.

o2rmk800

« Reply #37 on: Jun 04, 2015, 02:07 PM »
then that just a baby, a big one would swallow a football, even before the patriots got a hold of it................

saltr

« Reply #38 on: Jun 04, 2015, 06:48 PM »
WOW!

rondog

« Reply #39 on: Jun 05, 2015, 10:11 AM »
They are still shallow.10 to 15 fow and the bite is good when you find them

cubbolton@18

« Reply #40 on: Jun 12, 2015, 02:17 PM »
They are still shallow.10 to 15 fow and the bite is good when you find them

cubbolton@18

« Reply #41 on: Jun 12, 2015, 02:23 PM »
Hey Ron how many times a week are you eating those delicious eyes from the Dead Sea.  I did notice a small silver circle around your left pupil the last time I saw you. I don't know if the mercury level warning was still on GJ

rondog

« Reply #42 on: Jun 13, 2015, 10:35 AM »
Hey Ron how many times a week are you eating those delicious eyes from the Dead Sea.  I did notice a small silver circle around your left pupil the last time I saw you. I don't know if the mercury level warning was still on GJ
I'm eating them as quick as I can catch them,Your looking way too much at my eyes  :-*
Lurker and I are going tomorrow

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #43 on: Jun 28, 2015, 07:10 AM »
The Northville launch is full this morning, must be a Bass Tournament. Bet they are getting wet....h2l

rondog

« Reply #44 on: Jun 29, 2015, 05:15 AM »
There was also a  tournaments out of the Broadalbin launch,not meny boats ,all from NJ. ,Besides the tournament guys there were just a few vehicles in the lot. Yes it was wet but the most productive Walleye day so far this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.