FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga. Report  (Read 34706 times)

rondog

Re: Sacandaga. Report
« Reply #45 on: Jul 04, 2015, 05:24 AM »
There were 30 cars in the lot at 5:45,all big boats heading to the island to claim a spot.Traffic wasn't bad until around 11:00 then it got dangerous  . Fishing was good ,getting more 17" and 18" then in the past,They moved from 18 FOW to 30 FOW in two days.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #46 on: Jul 04, 2015, 07:23 AM »
With the water this high there won't be much beach and if I were a fish I would be headed deeper with all the boats on the lake. Northville launch was busy early yesterday also. Glad you are getting some better fish...h2l

rondog

« Reply #47 on: Jul 04, 2015, 10:40 AM »
I wish it was that easy,Last Sat. there were a lot of fish in 14' to 18'  nice day with some boat traffic than Sun. hard rain no boats they went to 30'

saltr

« Reply #48 on: Jul 05, 2015, 08:39 AM »
Good info guys. I am planning  a trip to either northville or broadalbin this week. Will post report. THANKS! - saltr

rondog

« Reply #49 on: Jul 05, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Just got off,We spent about an hour at the launch,a zoo as always.Had a good day ,smaller fish in 20 - 25 FOW,keepers in 30 +.Got into some huge perch all returned

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #50 on: Jul 05, 2015, 05:19 PM »
I just can't find it in me to go out on weekends like this anymore. Just too much of a ZOO. Glad you got some fish, you earned them...h2l

rondog

« Reply #51 on: Jul 06, 2015, 05:59 AM »
I just can't find it in me to go out on weekends like this anymore. Just too much of a ZOO. Glad you got some fish, you earned them...h2l
I usually go up a day during the week alone, my fishing partner still works so we go on the weekends.I'm heading to other waters on the weekends from here on out but will still hit it weekdays.
There was a woman in a 12' rowboat about 500 yds from shore going out from Sinclair,she had 2 small kids swimming towards the opposite shore ??????
What the hell was she thinking doing that on the busiest weekend of the summer,there was also a ton of kayaks out in the traffic,I know that they have just as much right to be on the water as everyone else but somebody is going to get killed,there are just too many speed boats out there that when they are up and running just can't see all that they should.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #52 on: Jul 06, 2015, 06:11 AM »
Yes, we have been very lucky that no one has gotten hurt....h2l

ADK Fishunter

« Reply #53 on: Jul 06, 2015, 06:23 AM »
That's why I fish early mornings and late afternoons
Fishing with an Attitude!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #54 on: Jul 06, 2015, 08:15 AM »
you got that,and that is why i fish week days,but i can
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

rondog

« Reply #55 on: Jul 06, 2015, 11:46 AM »
That's why I fish early mornings and late afternoons
Wouldn't help there,I was there before 6:00AM on Fri. and there were 6 big boats in the staging area and a bunch that were already out.I tried leaving before 2:00pm. and it was just crazy.What should be done is when the lot is full no more boats go out,the lot gets full there is no place to park and they keep launching .Vehicles were parked on both sides of the road and anywhere on the grass where they could,Everything was rutted up and no one seemed to care.One guy said " It will give them something to do instead or just riding around in state trucks ".There is another good launch that doesn't get much traffic but if I mentioned it " Hunts " would shoot me

lowaccord66

« Reply #56 on: Jul 06, 2015, 12:14 PM »
I went in early May to the Broadalbin launch and it was insanity then so I can't imagine what it's like now.  I'll be back when it's cold!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #57 on: Jul 06, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Maybe just put one across the bow. This one is not much better this time of year...h2l

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #58 on: Jul 06, 2015, 05:54 PM »
I fished Friday morning with no success at all. Been out a handful of times and I just can't find them (or can't catch them anyway). Tough lake for sure, tons of open flats. Marked some good structure/drop offs in the middle of the main basin. Didn't get out until 8 or so on Friday, so I'm sure that didn't help. Had the wife and kid on the boat so I had to compromise.  Threw everything I had. Harnesses, stick baits w/bottom bouncers, jigs... Went and looked for bass, again nothing happening. Busted off a pike on a senko up in the 10 foot flats by the islands in the west finger. We ended up swimming in that area, drifting from one island to the next, then motoring back and starting over. Beautiful day on the water, but my poor luck on the GSL continues. Until next time...  :)

Zach

rondog

« Reply #59 on: Jul 07, 2015, 05:35 AM »
I fished Friday morning with no success at all. Been out a handful of times and I just can't find them (or can't catch them anyway). Tough lake for sure, tons of open flats. Marked some good structure/drop offs in the middle of the main basin. Didn't get out until 8 or so on Friday, so I'm sure that didn't help. Had the wife and kid on the boat so I had to compromise.  Threw everything I had. Harnesses, stick baits w/bottom bouncers, jigs... Went and looked for bass, again nothing happening. Busted off a pike on a senko up in the 10 foot flats by the islands in the west finger. We ended up swimming in that area, drifting from one island to the next, then motoring back and starting over. Beautiful day on the water, but my poor luck on the GSL continues. Until next time...  :)

Zach
You weren't too late,they bite all day when you can find them.We have our spots that hold fish but it's a crazy lake,where you killed them yesterday and what was the hot set up doesn't mean a thing the next day.We rely heavily on electronics and don't drop a line until we find them and they are not everywhere

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.