FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga. Report  (Read 34708 times)

rondog

Re: Sacandaga. Report
« Reply #75 on: Jul 11, 2015, 06:05 PM »
I marked them before the lake went in....lol....h2l
Funny you should say that ,I did the same thing to mark the old creek channels coming from the SW end and around the old R/R bed ,I overlayed an old pre flood map on to a recent lake map.
maybe I'll see you out there, I'll be in a gray Fisher with the top up and the Minkota  down.I'll be hitting the weeds up your way.I would much rather jig then troll .I've jigged them out of the shallow weeds in other lakes but have never done it there,Don't know why ?

rondog

« Reply #76 on: Jul 16, 2015, 03:55 PM »
Started out with a strong north wind by the time it got to the south end it made boat control difficult,about 10:00 it calmed down  and the fish turned on, they definitely moved deeper  and were real tight Had a great day

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #77 on: Jul 16, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Come on, what is a great day? You are holding out on me. It was a great day. We caught  fish but early it was a tough bite. We ended up with 15/ 20 walleyes, kept 6, put back a few that were just over 15 inches. Biggest was 17.  Wind was all over the place. Most came from deep water....h2l

rondog

« Reply #78 on: Jul 17, 2015, 05:25 AM »
Come on, what is a great day? You are holding out on me. It was a great day. We caught  fish but early it was a tough bite. We ended up with 15/ 20 walleyes, kept 6, put back a few that were just over 15 inches. Biggest was 17.  Wind was all over the place. Most came from deep water....h2l
The opposite for me, the morning was tough but got better as the day went on,were they ever tight.I found them on a little hump about 100' around in 28 fow. there were no fish around it just on it.Size wise I did about the same as you.It's amazing how many 15-15 1/2" fish are there.I was up your way and saw 2 other boats with " Old Guys " in them,no one waved so I'm guessing it wasn't you.
I started the day getting 2 rods hung up at the same time ,lost both set up's .I looked over just in time to see my downrigger get spolled,downrigger ball.blacks release,150' of downrigger braid and my favorite little Rapala-gone.
Released all the fish.
Check your mail

rondog

« Reply #79 on: Jul 18, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Beautiful day ! The launch was empty at 6:00AM and no one on the ramp or the approach at 3:00 when we left.The fish were cooperative,I fished the spot that was good on Thursday and never had a bite,had to search for them but by 9:00 we were getting fish.They are still between 28 and 32 FOW and are starting to go deeper .Heading back mid week

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #80 on: Jul 24, 2015, 06:34 PM »
Water temp today was 74. The lake is down to its normal level for this time of year and they are not drawing as hard on it. Jig fishing is still good in the 25 to 32 foot range. Not seeing many bait balls. At least not like the last few years...h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #81 on: Jul 24, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Water temp today was 74. The lake is down to its normal level for this time of year and they are not drawing as hard on it. Jig fishing is still good in the 25 to 32 foot range. Not seeing many bait balls. At least not like the last few years...h2l

Thanks for the update.  Im still looking forward to getting back there.  I have a question.  When you jig do you catch a ton of smallies mixed in?  My first time there I couldnt seem to get past them.  Or was in spots where the eyes weren't.

rondog

« Reply #82 on: Jul 25, 2015, 03:15 AM »
I fished it on Thursday and did good  once I found them 30 - 35 FOW,all on harnesses. Tough south wind in the afternoon.Going back this morning

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #83 on: Jul 25, 2015, 07:04 AM »
There are spots where there seems to be more SMB. Yesterday we did pick up a few and we also were getting rock bass in the same area. But I have seen walleyes in the same areas. If I am getting a lot of bass I usually make a move. Good Luck...h2l

Rondog, wind wasn't too bad yesterday, but it was all over the place in the afternoon. We had a couple showers go by on each side of us but we only got a few drops. They hit better in the morning.....h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #84 on: Jul 25, 2015, 07:29 AM »
There are spots where there seems to be more SMB. Yesterday we did pick up a few and we also were getting rock bass in the same area. But I have seen walleyes in the same areas. If I am getting a lot of bass I usually make a move. Good Luck...h2l

Rondog, wind wasn't too bad yesterday, but it was all over the place in the afternoon. We had a couple showers go by on each side of us but we only got a few drops. They hit better in the morning.....h2l

Thanks h2l!

myemmy

« Reply #85 on: Jul 25, 2015, 08:01 AM »
Hey H2L  , Headed up today suppose to fish with famous dave, may see you at the shop, good luck bob.

rondog

« Reply #86 on: Jul 25, 2015, 02:02 PM »
Good day on the water the fish did cooperate then the traffic got unbearable ,we left at 1:00
Doug
Your right mornings have been better,we did good on the east side  this morning early then went looking up your way, didn't do much until around 11:00 then got into them  again.I think I'm going to stick to weekdays from hear on out
at least until Sept.

p.schroeder

« Reply #87 on: Jul 26, 2015, 08:27 AM »
Got out yesterday (Sat. 7/25) for a few hours in the afternoon. Fished out of Northville from about 2 to 5. Pulled crawler harnesses in 20-30 fow at the base of what amounts to an underwater cliff. Managed three eyes, two 15s and a 17. All fish came from 20-24 fow. Headed back in for shore to pick up 5 y.o. daughter. She wanted to try out her new ugly stick junior, so we headed over to the spillway for some bluegill action. She went 3/3 on gills while dad went 0/1 on a smallie that threw the hook boat side lol.

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #88 on: Jul 26, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Thanks to Hunts2long, We had a nice day on the water, Over 30 fish boated  mostly Walleye,He knows the lake. Walleyes are Bathing in hot peanut And beer Batter today.
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

rondog

« Reply #89 on: Jul 29, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Heading up tomorrow,looking forward to light traffic an empty boat launch and good fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.