FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: point breeze marina  (Read 3780 times)

Big Tupper

point breeze marina
« on: May 03, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Today we were casting around there boat docks like we have done for the last 15 years and they actually told us we were not allowed to fish there has anyone ever heard such a thing. Are they that stupid to kick fishermen out of there. I cant tell u the endless amount of money we spend there.

monkeyman2269

Re: point breeze marina
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 04:40 PM »
As long as your in a boat I can't see why they would care

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 06:26 PM »
Marinas hate fishing line.
Tears the heck out of prop seals.
Also, they are trying to respect and uphold the privacy of their dock renters.
Legally, they can't stop you unless they actually own the water rights.
Kind of hard for you to find out if they do.

Soooo................make the call.

fontona19

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:28 PM »
I have been asked not to fish near certain docks throughout the years. Not specifically Point Breeze or Saratoga Lake. As long as I am politely asked I usually abide. If they were rude I would tell them to take a walk. Just my opinion.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 11:06 AM »

I was actually thinking of you when I read this topic. There was one time we were asked to leave and we did.  :D :D :D

Makes me think of a time on Cossy that my buddy always loves telling people about:  We were fishing along the shoreline and there was one of those big inflatable bouncy platforms anchored off shore.   I made a cast to it, and the homeowner comes out going "hey don't cast at my kids' inflatable" to which I never missed a beat and replied "oh don't worry sir, its a Texas Rig" - like somehow that would make it all okay.  He grumbled something unintelligible and went back inside lol

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 01:52 PM »
Makes me think of a time on Cossy that my buddy always loves telling people about:  We were fishing along the shoreline and there was one of those big inflatable bouncy platforms anchored off shore.   I made a cast to it, and the homeowner comes out going "hey don't cast at my kids' inflatable" to which I never missed a beat and replied "oh don't worry sir, its a Texas Rig" - like somehow that would make it all okay.  He grumbled something unintelligible and went back inside lol

:rotflol:

Drgreene

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 09:08 AM »
They kicked me out also I could not believe how he talked to me. He acted like this was not my tenth year fishing there and told me he has water rights and he is calling the sheriff . I also spend a lot of money there life jackets, deep cycle batteries, plugs, anchors, and a lot of oil.they could put up a sign they really should not yell at people like that.i was not aware of this and he was disrespectful to me and my family. He actually even said the cops would take my boat. As my blood pressure rose I left. It's not worth it that's all I kept telling my self

Big Tupper

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 10:28 AM »
It didnt sit well with me so I called 2 saratoga DEC officers and they said they have never heard of such a thing. They told me that if they gave me a hard time again to call them back and they would pay them a visit.

bigredfishing

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 10:38 AM »
I will be making it a point to thoroughly fish point breezes boat docks next trip out just to screw with them. 

LooseEye90

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 10:49 AM »
Ditto to that bigred..

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 11:27 AM »
That's the way to solve a issue...h2l

bigredfishing

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 11:40 AM »
That's the way to solve a issue...h2l

if by that comment you mean to make sure the landowner gets a ticket for fisherman harassment, yes, yes it is.  

myemmy

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Go for it !!!!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 02:42 PM »
Tell the goof to call the sheriff and you make the call to the DEC at the same time. Just make sure you have the local ECON's phone number in your contacts.

I went through this same crap back way back when I was a bass hunter. As long as you don't ding the boats or docks you're good.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 02:51 PM »

.........way back when I was a bass hunter.

Rg

Say it ain't so.

:-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.