FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Maxi this morning  (Read 1041 times)

Tuna83

Maxi this morning
« on: May 04, 2015, 04:40 PM »
Went to maxi early this morning to try and jig for eyes. Wind was blowing good so I decided to go to the channels and throw for bass hoping the wind would die down. Good decision! Ended up fishing 4 1/2 hours ( 2 in the rain) and ended up with 1 smallie on a orange x-rap and 17 largemouth on a 1/2oz sexy shad spinnerbait. I lost at least 7 or 8 and missed probably just as many. They were on fire this morning. Weird this was the smallie had black spots all over it. Not the parasite black spots but big black blotches. Fish seemed very healthy. Put up a great fight with a few jumps clear out of the water

Just_jiggin83

Re: Maxi this morning
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:44 PM »
Caught a few from maxi that had those spots too. Never knew what they were though. Im sure someone will chime in and help us out!

Get_the_Net

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 06:37 PM »
It is a pigment thing they get often times when nearing the spawn or when spawning.  Odd thing is they are not permanent.  If you catch one with the black blotches and put them in a livewell with white sides for an hour or longer, the spots will often disappear.  Have caught some on St Clair with more than a dozen black blotches on them.  Have caught them in tournaments and then at weigh in there are no signs of them ever having the blotches.

Be pro

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 06:53 PM »
That's werid u say that about the black spots disappearing I thought I was losing it last year at a tournament when I weighed in I thought the big fish had spots on it and it was a normal looking fish I thought that my partner culled the wrong fish lol he swore up and down he didn't throw the fish back

Get_the_Net

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 07:44 PM »
That's werid u say that about the black spots disappearing I thought I was losing it last year at a tournament when I weighed in I thought the big fish had spots on it and it was a normal looking fish I thought that my partner culled the wrong fish lol he swore up and down he didn't throw the fish back

LOL....nope seen them vanish many times, sometimes in under an hour in the livewell.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.