FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: litter, cost me another spot !!!  (Read 7049 times)

coachwarner

Re: litter, cost me another spot !!!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 08:21 PM »
It is a very troubling time we live in. I just got back from a road trip to NYC and the amount of garbage i saw littering the sides of our roads and the creeks and streams i drove over was endless.   :-\
Shame on society!!!! I fear most have lost all values and respect for our great resources  >:(

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

jperch

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 02:53 AM »
You are so right coach, it's a general lack of respect.  I don't know what the answer is.  Somebody threw a couch into a little stream near me.  I guess that saved then five bucks at the dump.  The little stream is right next to the road and has small trout in it that people fish for.  Someone got the couch out, it must have been a real project to do that.  I live a mile from a convenience store and pick up empty beer cans and scratch off tickets from my lawn most days.  (It doesn't take long to chug a beer and scratch off a ticket apparently.)  Somebody dumped empty tires on my hunting property rather than pay the fee at the dump I guess.  It is a real shame.   jperch

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 05:44 AM »
a brighter note ...I was fishing a pond with public access ...I was invaded with kayaks  that  did fish  for about a  hour ( little bit of a  pain  but room was limited)  then I seen it !!!!!  they had more people show!!!!!  and  invaded the area  not with fishing poles  but trash bags! picking up trash..... they even knocked on doors  got permission and picked  up.....it  was a  nice thing to see  and  they were a  great  group of young people .....I didn't mind  sharing one of my secret honey holes  with this group at all.......ps  the goose is a trained attack guard bird

after  witnessing  what these  young fellows  did I have a  suggestion ...why don't we  old farts  do this too ....lets  get together  pick a  spot  get permission and  pick it up! even if  we can't fish it ...it's the  right thing to do  and  I  wouldn't mind  helping out......Freddie  i'll help ya  pick the  spot up  buddy
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

jperch

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 05:52 AM »
Nice story Trapper!  Kudos to those folks.  jperch

filetandrelease

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 06:37 AM »
Good story Trapp  ,nice to see people doing a good thing , when im feeling better I will pick up the TV , thanks for the offer , I have a steam I use to fish couple times a year , that has a steep bank just a little ways away from the stream that is now a town dumping site , that would need a back hoe and a dump truck for a day to clean it up and it is now posted  >:( 

monic20

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 08:02 AM »
a brighter note ...I was fishing a pond with public access ...I was invaded with kayaks  that  did fish  for about a  hour ( little bit of a  pain  but room was limited)  then I seen it !!!!!  they had more people show!!!!!  and  invaded the area  not with fishing poles  but trash bags! picking up trash..... they even knocked on doors  got permission and picked  up.....it  was a  nice thing to see  and  they were a  great  group of young people .....I didn't mind  sharing one of my secret honey holes  with this group at all.......ps  the goose is a trained attack guard bird

after  witnessing  what these  young fellows  did I have a  suggestion ...why don't we  old farts  do this too ....lets  get together  pick a  spot  get permission and  pick it up! even if  we can't fish it ...it's the  right thing to do  and  I  wouldn't mind  helping out......Freddie  i'll help ya  pick the  spot up  buddy

Funny how we do this twice a year trap on the salmon and I've never seen you ...?

monic20

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 08:08 AM »
Sorry to hear Fred!! We just gotta keep picking it sucks sometimes but has to be done .. I lost a awesome spot up in Jefferson county couple years ago because of litter and guys relieving themselves behind houses in plain sight of windows crazy ! Oh well I just plan another cleanup in May with the boys ..

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 08:10 AM »
Funny how we do this twice a year trap on the salmon and I've never seen you ...?

Who is we? I have been picking up trash on the SR several times each summer and never seen you or anyone else.... Does that mean I don't do it either? My wife and I bring 2 trash bags every time we go and they are full when we leave, I snorkel and cut out line snags, collect lead, and pick up any trash in parking spots and along the bank.

filetandrelease

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 08:13 AM »
M-20 sorry to hear bro , that totally sucks , that's 2 strikes , littler is one thing hanging out is another , neither is expectable  >:(

filetandrelease

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 08:16 AM »

Easy guys , this might get out hand , thanks, 

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 09:19 AM »
me and my young boy do this whenever we go fishin......we would be in if someone puts together a day in wny somewhere.

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

monic20

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 09:25 AM »
We? Lotac.. I myself all year round trash picker .. Tree planter ,,bank restoration ,do I need to go on?.. Was just saying there's huge outings for these kind of events to get this nuts done why not help out now.. I'm not saying you guys don't do it but numbers is key..Just never seen any support here that's for shore.. Oh well I'll just keep emptying line bins at all the salmon river spots along river and keep doin my thing and everyone else do yours ..

filetandrelease

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 09:33 AM »

I'm guilty of the same where ever I am I pick up someone eleses crap ,

monic20

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 09:50 AM »
I'm guilty of the same where ever I am I pick up someone eleses crap ,
Thank you Fred your true sportsman..and let's make this a thread to learn and help were we can ..

perch-hound

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 10:08 AM »
Gotta tell a story that happened to me many moons ago. My buddy and I were fishing little Sandy in Sandy creek and,
we came upon an inflated tire on a rim in a log jam down below the gasmart in town. We decided to carry it up to the parking lot,
so at the end of our day we grabbed it and off we went. We got back to the car only to find a flat tire on my car,
guess what....instead of bolting the balogna spare tire on we tried the one we just carried up from the creek...bolted right on,
drove it for months! Plus I caught(yes...caught) a 19 1/2 lb female, which is on the wall to this day!
We all need to pick up after ourselves and then some if we want to keep doing what we love to do! Sooner or later good things will happen
to those who do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.