FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hate To Do It.....But.....  (Read 5859 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hate To Do It.....But.....
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 07:47 AM »
Been there......done that. Worked in places like Norfolk Southern, Cummins Diesel, Kodak, Xerox, Ginna, CGW, Dresser, Georgia Pacific etc.....etc.......etc. every time it was......line up and take the safety course. The worst were the plants with massive refrigeration. Ammonia leaks scared the hell out of me.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rp dog

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 01:18 PM »
Same here can't go anywhere anymore and just do your job. Seems redundant to me but there are young guys in the trades now and really can't be to safe. A mistake on there or my part could hurt somebody else not something I want to have happen. Worst places were always chemical plants. Does seem like one safety course would cover them all. It's all about liability and insurance.

Rp

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 02:59 PM »
One time I was sent to a 3-M sponge factory in Buffalo to preview a job. I don't remember the reason for it but they had huge open tanks of chemical baths for creating the sponges. These things were the size of half a football field. They wanted lights replaced over the tanks. The catch was that nothing...not dust, debris of any kind, loose screws, dirt......absolutely nothing could fall into these tanks or we'd be replacing the entire bath of chemicals. This was a huge concern for the idiot I worked for. No regard whatsoever for the fact that someone was going to have to somehow work over these tanks of god knows what. Needless to say I refused to participate. I think he conned a couple of our ethnically diverse group into doing the job.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 09:03 PM »

Over the years working construction , I have taken several courses , some as long as 40 hrs and collected many picture Ids just to get on these projects , the airport and conrail were among the strictest , common sense carries most of the weight  , and a lot of these are just for insurance purposes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.