FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: free rod to boot  (Read 2157 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
free rod to boot
« on: May 23, 2015, 05:52 AM »
although ,thanks to new found allergys and breathing issues my fishing has been slightly limited this year I have spend some time shopping! recently I took advantage of dick's  sporting goods offer ,if I bought a rod reel comb fore  49.99 or  more a free diawa samurai was waiting for me .....I could not resist as  grand kids  do go threw rods and  out grow child rods.....I got a 6'6 crossfire diawa rod matched with a diawa 3Bi reel ....appears  to be a  well made  and well balanced  rod  for the money and  a welcome  edition to the mess in my boat .... the "free" rod  is 7' med  heavy rod  with a 4000b reel ...looks and  feels  like  it  can  be  droped a  few  times  by a  child and  still catch a bass or bullhead ....over  all I think it's a  great  deal ......

I also  found some  rubber  frogs   for bass fishing morning weeds  ...weedles  frogs  by jawbone  2 bucks a piece .....at this  price  you can afford to take  the  little ones  fishing again ......

;D  life  is  good
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rp dog

Re: free rod to boot
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 09:12 PM »
I can't hardly keep enough rods for the grandkids either trapper. Had to swim for one last year after my grandaughter threw it in the lake. I got to give them credit they know not to mess with mine. Sure is getting harder getting back in the boat though. She sure thought it was funny!!!!

Rp

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 08:27 AM »
if you are looking for a cheap, good rod, the only rod worth touching under $100 are the Fenwicks. Dicks has the eagle for $59-$69. Great rods.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22 AM »
fenwick sold  out  years  ago to Pure Fishing INC,they  own abu garcia, all star, berkley, mitchell, fenwick, SpiderWire, trilene, and gulp...  fenwicks  are  now a  mass  producded over  seas rod   being  made  in  several countrys including china .... your  not getting a  better  rod  your getting a  name ....... besides  I  don't  care  what  name  is on my rod  aslong as it  performs and  feels  right and  i'm sure  not going to spend  100 bucks  on a  bullhead rod  for a 8 year old
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 03:34 PM »
You're right Trapper. Fenwick used to be a good Rod. A couple years ago I was at Bass Pro looking at a Fenwick 5wt priced at around $225. What a piece of junk! It wasn't even wrapped straight not to mention a 2" whale in the overall Rod.

Expensive name, cheap Rod.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Ugly Stik

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 04:24 PM »
That what I bought my Grandson. Good old Ugly :thumbup_smilie:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

shark

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:45 PM »
  I still have a few Fenwick glass blanks kicking around .  gonna have to hang on to them .

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 07:08 PM »
That what I bought my Grandson. Good old Ugly :thumbup_smilie:

Rg

Probably the best value on the market for a rod.
They last forever too.
I have better rods.
But they all cost 2-3X as much.
I have 1 or 2 that were cheaper too.
They suk.

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 09:01 PM »
fenwick sold  out  years  ago to Pure Fishing INC,they  own abu garcia, all star, berkley, mitchell, fenwick, SpiderWire, trilene, and gulp...  fenwicks  are  now a  mass  producded over  seas rod   being  made  in  several countrys including china .... your  not getting a  better  rod  your getting a  name ....... besides  I  don't  care  what  name  is on my rod  aslong as it  performs and  feels  right and  i'm sure  not going to spend  100 bucks  on a  bullhead rod  for a 8 year old

I don't own any of the brands you mentioned other then 2 fenwicks for cheap rigs I don't use much....but I can't complain about them....but I don't use them much.

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 05:22 AM »
My boys are now 11 and 13. They've destroyed every rod I've bought aside from one that has lasted the entire time I've been raising them.
I don't need to tell you guys which rod it is.  ;D
Good 'ol Ugly!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.