MFF US Midwest > Michigan
Any advice for a fellow fisherman from NY?
(1/1)
rainbowrunner:
My wife and I will be spending the week of 7/4-7/11 in the Cedarville area of the Le Cheneaux Islands.  I have fished there before, but not for 30 years.  We will be bringing our 16' Lund with a 10 horse.  The people we will be visiting fish for pike with chubs under a bobber at dawn and dusk, drift for perch and troll for salmon on the big lake.  I have always wondered if there are sm bass or walleyes to be had on the lake side of the islands, jigging the points or flatlining after dark.  Also, are there any bluegills or crappie in the area?  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance.  Post here or feel free to pm me. 
rp dog:
The following number is dnr field office out of Sault Ste Marie 906-635-5281. I would think they would be more than happy to give you local contacts or bait shops in Cedarville area. I believe they are the closest field office in that area. Unfortunately my sons friend was C O in eastern U P area but transferred to Traverse City area. He used to send my son pictures of some huge perch through the ice. And also walleye and smallies out of sault area. I've only ever fished from Curtis to the western UP Little Bay De Noc is pretty good and straight west on US 2. Hope they can help you.
rp dog:
Could also sign up for michigan dnr weekly fishing report they had

something on there now on Cedarville Hessal area.

Rp
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version