FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513234 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #405 on: Jul 26, 2016, 03:30 AM »
Ya just can't have a serious discussion with you kids ;D

I am feeling better, thanks.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #406 on: Jul 26, 2016, 06:34 PM »
What to do with your zucchini?

1 1/2" zucchini slices

Butter
Sea salt
Cracked pepper
Lemon juice
Chopped fresh parsley
Parmesan cheese

Coat well, grill slow till tender. Fresh corn, cukes and tomatoes from the garden.........we went veggie tonight. Yum!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #407 on: Jul 26, 2016, 06:47 PM »
What to do with your zucchini?

1 1/2" zucchini slices

Butter
Sea salt
Cracked pepper
Lemon juice
Chopped fresh parsley
Parmesan cheese

Coat well, grill slow till tender. Fresh corn, cukes and tomatoes from the garden.........we went veggie tonight. Yum!

Rg

Nice spread, been grilling alot of zucchini  and summer squash as well.   Wife made some excellent  chili relleno  tonight with pablanos from the garden.  

boondox

« Reply #408 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:04 PM »
zucchini bread ...

that or tin foil packs we add 2 zucchinis 2 summer squash cut in to strips or real thin circles  , two red peppers two green peppers ,all peppers deseeded and  cut in to strips  2-3 pounds of  kielbasa polish sausage cut about half in wide slices, potato's cut like steak fries  about 10 whole potato's , carrot shred's, butter about a half to a  stick per pack, and garlic salt sprinkled to liking  roll of tin foil made in to a folded pouch we roll the ends of the pouch to contain all the juices meal and throw it on the grill  but do make three layer of foil not just one.. and pouch each layer...  cook till potato's and veggies is fully soft...may burn some these were meant to throw in the fire and cook during boy scout camping trips...for quick meals...that were we got it from...two pouches about 1 foot long  width of the roll of tin foil  will serve four people that are real hungry lol's ... have oven mits or pot holder ready to flip them on the grill tin foil get hot tong will rip foil just a tip about this.. I sure you could shrink it down  for less left overs too...       

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #409 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:34 PM »
Gardens are a beautiful thing.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #410 on: Jul 27, 2016, 04:52 PM »

Grill it marinated in balsamic is our Favorite, but Boat style filled with venison meat sauce and topped with mozz and parm is a close  2nd. Dom's relish is awesome and I need the recipe come to think of it :)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #411 on: Jul 31, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Did up some pickles, pickled cukes and pickled radishes today. Felt good to get some kitchen time.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #412 on: Jul 31, 2016, 05:39 PM »
Looks good! I don't think I've ever tried a pickled radish, but I think it'd like it.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

drowndin dots

« Reply #413 on: Jul 31, 2016, 06:23 PM »

I'm curious about the radishes myself, love em. I did a couple different batches of pickles with mixed results. I need to tweak my vinegar to water ratios.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #414 on: Jul 31, 2016, 07:12 PM »
Save yourself a lot of tinkering. Try Mrs. Wages dill pickle mix. There's a refrigator variety and a processed variety. I like to process pickles. I think they come out with way more flavor and it's nice to find that jar in the back of the cupboard when you think you've already finished them off.

The radishes come out pretty good. It's a cold pack recipe. This time of summer, radishes can be very thick skinned and sharp. I get radishes from a local farm market. There's one guy there who grows them the size of small apples.

Simple recipe.
1 cup vinegar, white or cider, 5% acidity
2 cups water
3 tablespoons canning or kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar
Heat the brine till all the salt and sugar is dissolved.

Slice the radishes
Pack jars with radishes, white or Vidalia onion, garlic cloves, mustard seeds, dill seeds and any other spices you like. I add a good pinch of red pepper flakes.

Pour brine over, cover and refrigerate. Use within 30 days. Great in salads and on sandwiches.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #415 on: Jul 31, 2016, 08:15 PM »
Thanks! I'm going to try a batch.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

drowndin dots

« Reply #416 on: Aug 01, 2016, 07:25 AM »

Thanks Rg, I'm gonna try both  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #417 on: Aug 01, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Tried the radishes just now.......mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Gotta let the pickles and cukes rest for a few days if I can stand it.

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #418 on: Aug 01, 2016, 08:11 PM »

Choked down the last of my pickles..... Got a huge harvest on the horizon, when I planted this year I bought A yard of compost and dropped a yard of screened topsoil over it for a total of 5 inches of new soil. I think the roots got to the compost in the last couple weeks because I am experiencing a bloom explosion ;D I'll try and take a few pics this week. Sick of watering, but impressed with the boom.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #419 on: Aug 09, 2016, 12:33 PM »
My pickles and cukes have exploded this last week as well. Tons of new blossoms. Seems to be a lot of male flowers though and not so many female.

I've already put up a dozen jars. My son and I tested some yesterday. Great flavor and good heat from the hot peppers that I added.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.