FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Install on yak for lowrance elite 4 hdi  (Read 1427 times)

SKUNK-MASTER

Install on yak for lowrance elite 4 hdi
« on: Jun 09, 2015, 01:04 PM »
I have a wilderness preator 120 and want to put the new lowrance unit i have on it........not wired for portable battery that should be simple to fix..........opinions/help with install...not sure if i want to use an "arm", scupper mount etc?  any help or advice will be greatly appreciated

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

ICEHOLE

Re: Install on yak for lowrance elite 4 hdi
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2015, 08:35 AM »
I have a lowrance elite 4x hdi (found mistagged at walmart for $69) mounted on my WS Ride 135. Got the unit so cheap I bought the upgraded HDI ducer too. I read a lot of opinions on scupper mount, thru hull, transducer arms, and the thru hull application made the most sense except for reading about signal loss thru hull. I first tried electricians putty and just pushed the ducer into the putty molding it in good and stuck it to the bottom and it worked good, but curiosity made me wonder if it could get better. so I made a bowl like at the bottom of yak with the putty fit in ducer and added some water in the bowl and seemed to get same results. readings seems to be pretty good with the exception of water temp. I would recommend just pushing it into some putty and then making a battery box somewhere, super easy
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Mbart

Re: Install on yak for lowrance elite 4 hdi
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2015, 07:06 PM »
Thru hull on my Pescador

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.