MFF US Midwest > Michigan
rough day on lk. erie.
(1/1)
boondox:
was out on lake erie today in a 16 foot lowe fishing machine  and got tossed around like a rag doll. two of the three of us were sea sick even with Dramamine "sea sick pills in them "...   me i was fine i never have had problems being sea sick but of course i don't fish out of our boat much lol's..    by the way we made it to the fishing ground before every one decided to go in 15 minutes later  fish less lol's.. any how at least we did not die it could have been worst... i guess this is ware i insert a bad day fishing beats a good day at work any day?   
rp dog:
Ya you got to pick your days down there we've been doing pretty good out of Stearling. Just after water breaks off into 20 plus feet I think its stone edge but it breaks quick on the edge we been fishing . Fairly decent bite but its hard when the wind is more than about 10 mph down there. Good luck !!
Rp
boondox:

@rp dog
 yep we were at sterling a lot of guys with smaller boats were leaving as  we where today so we don't feel bad we were trying to predict a good day down there like a slow 4 mph wind  ended out with a good 10 -12 mph wind.. casue the weather service can predict sh*T  any how we went nne so we could ride the waves back in toady we started in 20 fow ended out  back in shore in 15 minute of fishing before my dad and his buddy started puking we came in... it is nice down there i think there are a few silver bass around there cause i got a couple thumps wile drifting dragging crawler harnesses... by that i mean we motor up wind then shut off the motor and dragged a bottom bouncers propelled by the wind... we noticed there no fish on the bottom  they seemed to be suspended like 10-12 foot down in 20 foot of water  and every one trolling....dragging harnesses is a spring early summer technique were trolling baits is a mid summer technique... 

so i think we brought  the wrong tackle for the fishing... i usually launch out of erie metro park and drag crawler harnesses this time of year.  i am thinking it is a tad late for that though maybe too warm?  i think planers and like deep diving bait on a long lead would be best ....right now the way the fish were sitting up high....that is if you head back out there....  was going to go to port huron but silver bass are in thick and it hard getting your baits to the bottom  with out catching a ton of bass... guess will fish around here this week end but will see.....if it rains were sunk.... 
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version