FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Black Bear Heading Into Laporte!  (Read 4074 times)

abishop

Re: Black Bear Heading Into Laporte!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Seen a mountain lion cross route 2 about 10 years ago in lake county. Also my neighbor had a timber rattler living under his shed. Couple years ago seen a albino deer with a big rack, BEAUTIFUL CREATURE.

Gartoon

« Reply #16 on: Jun 29, 2015, 09:52 AM »
He's waiting for the steelhead too ;D

ROFL ;D

fishcrazy

« Reply #17 on: Jun 29, 2015, 04:31 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think it will stick around for long unless it's not here alone. It's bear bone time and may be heading back north for some lovin

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 30, 2015, 07:02 PM »
He's been knocking over Bee Hives on a honey producers property, and raiding trash cans in the Trail Creek area.  According to one report he appeared wet so he has been crossing the creek.  Keep your head on a swivel,  while you steelhead fish this summer!!!  The experts do think he is going to go back north for mating season, but who knows maybe a mate followed him into virgin territory, no competition for food.

ftwwalleye

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Went to mc and fished the pier and trail creek today. Didn't find any bears...believe me I was a little startled every time I heard a rustle...ha.
water still looks like choc shake. Sooon....

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 30, 2015, 09:36 PM »
He's around there somewhere, If you see large tracks, a pile of sh@# a foot wide, and trees scratched by claws with no bark, fish somewheres else!!!!

ftwwalleye

« Reply #21 on: Jul 01, 2015, 08:05 AM »
He's around there somewhere, If you see large tracks, a pile of sh@# a foot wide, and trees scratched by claws with no bark, fish somewheres else!!!!
no way. His bear instincts know where the trout are. I found my new fishing buddy

Boomer

« Reply #22 on: Jul 01, 2015, 11:21 AM »
Fished a few rivers and streams in the UP of Michigan.  Gets a little spooky when you hear something along the high bank following you. Had this happen a few times. Friend tells me to talk loudly or bark like a dog.  So far, its only been curious deer.  In Indiana it could be a grower, someone trying to sneak up on you and now maybe a BEAR!  The funny thing is, I think I have my best chance with the bear!

wallin

« Reply #23 on: Jul 02, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Any body seen or heard any Rattle snakes over here, they are rumored to be here although very scarce?  Would imagine we have more of those than bears.
They do find rattlers in the area from time to time-used to post in the paper over by Cedar lake they find them. They say there in the area but scarce, the Dunes has them also.
Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.