FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Different Spring & summer  (Read 4610 times)

fishcharmmer

Different Spring & summer
« on: Jun 17, 2015, 09:54 AM »
Went last night , lake up a foot but the bites were slow even the small ones, cotton almost gone water temp-81 some still full of eggs. It's weird year so far on fishing.

rp dog

Re: Different Spring & summer
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Its been a different year for sure. And has left a lot of people scratching there heads.

carpslayer93

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2015, 09:22 PM »
U still fishing the edges? Or u out from the launch? One night you'll have to come rainbow trout fishing with me! Been doing good!
Tight lines...and fish on.... :-)

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2015, 09:06 AM »
what are you targeting?

i do real on well on gills when i go and still fishing same areas i ice fish in front of weeds like snake grass and look for pockets in them and the lilly pads.

try surface baits. its all i use right now. when/if they quit on them i'll switch over to trout magents with crappie sliders.

fishcharmmer

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2015, 08:39 AM »
 I like gills and crappies , crappie bites dropped off so gills . Some days catch them along the pads 4 ft. of water 30 second bites or faster but here lately 1 min. or longer on the bites and the bait stealers aren't hitting  80 degree water temps got female full of eggs yet. Fished a lake in cass yesterday males on the beds ?  Hope JULY is better.  Use red wigglers and ratso jigs for crappies and gills.

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2015, 08:30 AM »
i got 44 in less than 3 hours all on a floating spider i make about a week ago. last time out about 4 days ago it slowed to 10 in 2.5 hours and must have been an off day for them.
why don't you use just a tru-turn hook instead of jigs on a slip bobber if your using worms.
i do well like i said, with trout magnets and tipped with a charlie brewers crappie slider half sized and nothing else when i fish below surface and do very well with them.
i fish the same water all of the time and go with the surface fishing first. we are seeing them going out to deeper water tho. they are spreading out some and not holding as tight to the weeds beds.

tomturkey

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Or try long shank Aberdeen hooks in #6 or #8. Heat the bend enough so that you can feel the eye getting warm, then throw it in the water to cool it off. Doing that will allow the hook to bend enough that it will straighten a little and come out of a snag and some time out of a gill mouth.

I have only had one hook in close to 60 years get straightened out by a fish. This was by my wife that though she could just crank in a decent size pike.

carpslayer93

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2015, 10:01 PM »
Fishing your lake in the morning fishcharmmer! I'll call ya with a report!

fishcharmmer

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2015, 10:42 AM »

Got 10 fish that I kept last night 9 gills from 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 inches and 1 crappie 11 inches. The bites were on the slow side had to move it a lot.

carpslayer93

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2015, 08:22 PM »
Found these trolling today! Lots and lots of small bass! But great day on the water. Tried to fish where u told me but after I talked to ya fishcharmmer,but their was people all over!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.