FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp On The Mulberry Fly  (Read 6568 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Carp On The Mulberry Fly
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2015, 07:17 PM »
RG  try  tieing up  some  3  rowed sucker spawn  in  purple and  red  :-X I heard  storys
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #16 on: Jun 29, 2015, 08:42 AM »
RG, rust colored nymphs work great in the same scenario also, I used to chase them on the fly with rust colored partridge nymphs.    Worked really well, even caught them blind casting on it.

we've been chasing the carp too, but a little more laid back style, euro fishing with corn and boilies.

this one was particularly photogenic

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Jun 29, 2015, 03:11 PM »
Oh, I've caught them on a bunch of different flies. Never had them slam the fly like this Pugh. I did a couple videos today. Just editing them and I'll get them on YouTube.

Went 5 for 6 today. 8 lb maxima with my xxxl heavy furled leader was definitely the ticket.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Jul 01, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Went two for four this morning. Had to leave with a thunderstorm riding up my stern.

Used my old Fenwick 6wt. These fish are at or beyond its limits. I'm going back to the 8 wt.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Jul 02, 2015, 03:01 PM »
Went 2 for 4 on carp today and caught a good sized channel cat :rotflol:

Never caught a catfish on a fly.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #20 on: Jul 02, 2015, 04:54 PM »
Lol. I guess cats like mulberries too.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Jul 02, 2015, 05:24 PM »
It's winding down for sure, but I think I have a couple more outings before it ends.then I'll have to go back to chasing those stupid bass till the stream clears up. :-\

Rg

greenhornet73

« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2015, 04:46 PM »
I used an 8 lb fluoro leader this spring off of 10 lb braid and landed 6 for 6 carp with 2 going close to 40 lbs.  Takes some playing them out and sore forearms but they will come.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2015, 05:23 PM »
What was the fly?

Rg

fontona19

« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2015, 07:22 PM »
I used an 8 lb fluoro leader this spring off of 10 lb braid and landed 6 for 6 carp with 2 going close to 40 lbs.  Takes some playing them out and sore forearms but they will come.

Post some pictures.  I am still chasing 30lbs. I can't wait to see what a legit 40lber looks like. I bet it was a brutal fight, especially on that light of gear. Awesome!

greenhornet73

« Reply #25 on: Jul 23, 2015, 09:50 PM »
how do i post pics?  I have 1 downloaded on my computer but can't find a picture icon on here to upload it.  I was using a black wooly bugger that I tied with a couple mylar wraps for flash since the water was pretty turbid.

greenhornet73

« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2015, 09:51 PM »
They were all caught out of my kayak no less  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Jul 24, 2015, 03:56 AM »
To post pictures to the site...

1. Upload your pictures to your photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Place your cursor over the picture and a drop down menu will appear. Left click on "IMG Code". (this will copy the photo info)
 4. Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com, right click and "paste" the info.
(if you copy the image code, it already has the "img" tags on the address and no further action is needed.)

fontona19

« Reply #28 on: Jul 24, 2015, 10:10 AM »
They were all caught out of my kayak no less  ;D

Outstanding!  Talk about a sleigh ride.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #29 on: Jul 24, 2015, 10:17 AM »
I am still chasing 30lbs.

It WILL happen...maybe even Monday!    There's a reason why we bring two scales!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.