FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat Ramp Etiquette  (Read 8193 times)

Mac Attack

Boat Ramp Etiquette
« on: Jun 29, 2015, 10:58 AM »
Everyone got their shovel?

https://vimeo.com/67253679

trophytaker1

Re: Boat Ramp Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2015, 02:41 PM »
Im going out and put my shovel in my boat right now.

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Who knew that a shovel could be so useful in a boat!

eyedoktr

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2015, 05:34 AM »
Anyone wearing a flat brimmed ball cap should be hit in the head with a shovel. Not just the idiots at the launch.
Pete Lewis

dusty401

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2015, 06:04 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :rotflol: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

WyoMinFisher

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2015, 11:11 AM »
I think I seen those guys last weekend!

slipperybob

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2015, 01:55 AM »
Sometimes I wish I had the animal control pole with noose.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2015, 12:11 PM »
Awesome Mac. However I prefer a 3 iron in the shins  :-\

Had one the other day. 2 woodchucks with a bent up row boat. Hey dragged it out of the back of a pickup, plunked it in the launch and proceeded to take 25 minutes to get all their junk in it . Once afloat, they couldn't get the motor started so they took up one of the 2 mooring spots for who knows how long aft that.

Should have brought the 3 iron :-\
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Awesome Mac. However I prefer a 3 iron in the shins  :-\

Had one the other day. 2 woodchucks with a bent up row boat. Hey dragged it out of the back of a pickup, plunked it in the launch and proceeded to take 25 minutes to get all their junk in it . Once afloat, they couldn't get the motor started so they took up one of the 2 mooring spots for who knows how long aft that.

Should have brought the 3 iron :-\
Rg

Or fireworks Bob.

It is the 4th you know.

;)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2015, 02:19 PM »
I would rather have those guys, with their $200 rig than the ones with the $100,000 boats that have to come right by you shouting "look at me, at me"....h2l

pete/ny

« Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2015, 03:36 PM »
All about me! Seems to be the boat etiquitte the majority have, especially weekends! Seems the bigger more expensive boats and some Charter Captains think they own the docks! Quick story. When I worked in a NYS Park I had a  young couple come to me saying that a Charter Boat Captain told them that the South end docks were reservered for them and their Customers and they had to launch at the North docks!. It didn't take long to straighten him out and the next week there were signs to substantiate this!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 2015, 09:14 PM »
There is a small lake, really more of a deep spot in a swamp, near my house. For some reason there is a campground on this sad little body of water. Why people would want to camp near the smelly water baffles me, but they do. The campers use the public ramp to launch, tie their boat to the dock, drive a mile back to the camp, and walk back. the process takes 15 min minimum. There is no way to launch with a boat tied up. I'd love to smack them with a shovel.

There are big bass in there, and I like big bass.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2015, 08:57 AM »
There is a small lake, really more of a deep spot in a swamp, near my house. For some reason there is a campground on this sad little body of water. Why people would want to camp near the smelly water baffles me, but they do. The campers use the public ramp to launch, tie their boat to the dock, drive a mile back to the camp, and walk back. the process takes 15 min minimum. There is no way to launch with a boat tied up. I'd love to smack them with a shovel.

There are big bass in there, and I like big bass.

OMG, I would have ZERO problem with untying that boat and pushing it to the middle of the lake. Idiots.

Knot there yet

« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2015, 01:12 AM »
Great video. Last weekend had guy stuck on in side of ramp. So we dumped in on the out side. Before we even tie up this charter  captain drops right between us drives off trailer while on the phone. I said nice job captain when he got off the phone of coarse. He knew exactly what he was doing add made it look easy. The pressures the commercial guys and charter captains on the greener captains make them better. Practicing cross wind or cross current or both while loading can be trying to the nerves. Add surf(waves) and tide it gets pretty funny. Its always the trailer lights that take first hit for me been through a bunch.

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: Oct 02, 2020, 08:25 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.