FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Horn Mountains Fishing  (Read 1412 times)

bigsky

Big Horn Mountains Fishing
« on: Jul 01, 2015, 09:44 AM »
I will be travelling to Casper from MT for a wedding this weekend and wanted to stop and do some fishing in the Big Horns. I could either fish somewhere during the day or hike in and do an overnight trip. Anyone have any suggestions on some good lakes or streams with good fishing? I would prefer to get away from people but its not necessary. I will be going tomorrow (Thursday) so hopefully that will cut down on the number of people I run into. Appreciate any info and feel free to PM me!

ClearCreek

Re: Big Horn Mountains Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2015, 11:00 PM »
The North Tongue west of Burgess Junction can be good.  Might also consider the Middle Fork of the Powder west of Kaycee; fishing the river requires hiking into a canyon so you have to be in halfway good shape.

Seven Brothers Lake west of Buffalo.  Seven lakes fairly close together, you will see some people there, esp. this weekend.   If you had some more time there are several lakes that would be worth hiking into in the Cloud Peak Wilderness.

For a couple days fishing the Middle Fork Powder may be your best bet.  Or, you could always fish the North Platte west of Casper.

ClearCreek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.