FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brookville, Summit lakes rank high in nationwide list  (Read 901 times)

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
Brookville Lake/Whitewater Memorial State Park Complex and Summit Lake State Park have been named in a list of “America’s Top 100 Family Fishing and Boating Spots” for 2015.

The list was compiled by the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBFF). The entire list is available at Takemefishing.org. The top 25 was published in USA Today on June 9.

Brookville/Whitewater ranked 20th and Summit Lake ranked 22nd. Both destinations are either owned or managed by the DNR Division of State Parks. Also on the list from Indiana were Eagle Creek Park and Riverside Park. Both are part of the Indianapolis city parks system.read more

Boomer

Re: Brookville, Summit lakes rank high in nationwide list
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2015, 11:50 AM »
Fished Summit Lake yesterday. Bass fishing was great - caught two three pounders (maybe more) while trolling for walleyes.  Talked to a guy fishing for bass and he caught more walleyes than bass.  Maybe I should change my strategy and say I am going for bass?

I do agree, nice place to fish, hike, camp. Pretty quiet. 

I do fish Brookville and Whitewater. Whitewater has a nice campground and small lake with good fishing as long as you have a boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.