FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling Plastic Worms !!  (Read 1527 times)

dickbaker

Trolling Plastic Worms !!
« on: Jul 04, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Fished Grand Isle shore all day Fri. July 3rd.   My son ran the trolling motor while I cast from the stern.  We were after pike and bass using plastics and Mepps spinners for both.   We got into a dozen nice pike in the deeper weed beds and found schools of 1 to 3 lb small mouth in the rocks with 5 or 6 ft. of water.
Big surprise  was , that when the sun got to me I simply dropped two Senko worms of the stern with the rods in the holders.  So many small mouth took the worms that I often had two on at the same time!!   Only problem was that many of the bass weren't hooked well or not hooked at all and threw the hook well before I got them to the boat.   The next time I bring the grand kids out I think this is the way I will have them fish.  With three or more worms drifting behind the boat it will be a mad house of screaming kids and bent rods.
Dick

mudchuck

Re: Trolling Plastic Worms !!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2015, 08:43 AM »
sounds like fun to me!!!

wmhunts

• come on get in the boat fish
Re: Trolling Plastic Worms !!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2015, 06:40 PM »

sounds like you found a way to save some casting. A long time ago I hooked a big fish twice in a day and lost it both times, next day took a close friend and while he was tying a bait on one rod he had his second rod with rubber worm trolling behind the boat. Whammo! he got her, one unforgettable fight at first light, and shes on his wall now. 7.5lb largemouth trolling a rubber worm!
TUNA insanity!!,
Ice fishing fever, turkey blasting, Striper Mania!!!, Big bucks down

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.