FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: soft plastics for eyes question?  (Read 4542 times)

boondox

soft plastics for eyes question?
« on: Jul 15, 2015, 09:02 PM »
I was talking to a few guys that jig with some thing that looks like a zoom salty super fluke..now question is there any other brands out there that make some thing similar to the zoom plastic's? Or do I have  to make my own?

IFF

Re: soft plastics for eyes question?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2015, 09:46 PM »
I use Gulp, and Powerbait ribbon or twister tails, on a 1/4 ounce Jig head.
*¿*  Bud

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2015, 11:07 PM »
From what the guys jigging are saying there using 1 ounce to 5/8 ounce jig heads with a 5 inch long super fluke with stinger hooks... I guess I am trying to find a few brands that maybe comparable to the super flukes cause I am not finding the right colors in the super flukes...heavy current and deep depth is why there using the heavier jigs...

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2015, 06:23 AM »
I am no walleye expert, but I have done well with Tsunami Split-tail Minnows, casting and vertical jigging. Many people don't do well with it, but that is because you need to give it some action (like a super fluke) and many just cast it out and retrieve it straight in... Give it some twitches and jumps and it becomes alive!

O

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2015, 06:58 AM »
I really like the Gulp baits both in the jar and in the bag.  There are larger baits and one very simaler to the Super Fluke in their lineup.  I also like their paddletails version.

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2015, 09:28 AM »
Thanks guys I will have to try some of those tsunami st5 split tails the one I am looking for is clear belly blue back wit lots of silver flake size large. Threw out the hole body..   just having trouble finding it...

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2015, 10:24 AM »
i do very well with 3" berkley ripple shads on 1/4oz and 3/8oz jigs.

also, anything gulp can be very good for walleyes, especially in cold water.   Only problem is that big catfish like gulp too, and that gets old after a while.

sn

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2015, 02:40 PM »
I like the Gulp 4 in swimming mullet....saltwater version

fontona19

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2015, 08:42 PM »
I would put money on the fact that a good old fashion 3" twister tail has taken more eyes than any other soft plastic. I have caught more than a few on them.

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: Jul 17, 2015, 06:12 AM »
I would put money on the fact that a good old fashion 3" twister tail has taken more eyes than any other soft plastic. I have caught more than a few on them.

Yea, we used them back in the 70's when they first appeared on the market to jig for eyes at Kinzua here in NY and PA.

boondox

« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2015, 07:55 AM »
any one here ever hear of "fin-s" band soft plastic's? I think that's the brand I am looking for..

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2015, 08:14 AM »
any one here ever hear of "fin-s" band soft plastic's? I think that's the brand I am looking for..

yes, those in 4" are our go-to in saltwater for stripers.   i like tails with action for walleyes.

bldfrt

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2015, 02:15 PM »

X2

boondox

« Reply #13 on: Jul 17, 2015, 04:46 PM »
yes, those in 4" are our go-to in saltwater for stripers.   i like tails with action for walleyes.

lunker city is the manufacture of the soft plastics and the brand I like from lunker city is fin-s fish... the shop threw the brand up on their face book page so now I know what to buy.... lol's here is a link to them they even make it in a 10 inch version..and a 5 ,5.75 and 7 inch versions  to...

http://www.lunkercity.com/

perchgypsy

« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2015, 05:38 PM »
I use the smaller ones for perch....in the spring I hardly need live bait...1/16 oz jig head...I would think 5" with 3/8-5/8 jig head would b killer for walleye

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.