FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rushford Lake update!!!HELP ASAP  (Read 1732 times)

mxzin

Rushford Lake update!!!HELP ASAP
« on: Jul 16, 2015, 08:23 AM »
Guys I'm sorry I just located your forum. We have been following the Rushford Lake issues very closely and will give a brief update. We have talked to senator Youngs office, our DEC gone to meetings and done every bit of research possible in a short period of time. WE ARE MEETING WITH SENATOR YOUNG,THE DEC AND THE RUSHFORD LAKE REC DISTRICT TOMORROW AT THE SENATORS OFC 3pm tomorrow. We are not impressed with the gate installed and 100% controlled by the RLRD. The fee of $40 dollars to launch is outrageous and the gate is not open in the mornings and locked at 7pm. Good luck fishing first and last light! They are hiding behind the issue of invasive species which we believe are the sportsman and recreational boaters. The RLRD wants a private lake but they want it paid for by the sportsman and tax payers of NYS. Its bad enough that we stock a lake that we have to pay to get poor access to our fish! To top it off we the nys sportsman/DEC  gave them a $650,000. grant, final payment to the RLRD was in 2012 for the grant. Yes, I foiled requested our own DEC.!!!! Now the RLRD is looking for more money-- they are going to NYS (senator Young) to find more. They need 2.5 mil to repair the dam's valves.
   They want to use DEC money/stocking/grants and taxpayer dollars and still charge us the NYS sportsman and recreational taxpayer to fish or enjoy the Lake that we have already paid for!!! Are we the invasive species? The RLRD is out of control and needs to be stopped now.  DON'T JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBER BELOW CALL IT RIGHT NOW 518-455-3563 SENATOR YOUNGS OFC AND ASK FOR GEORGE!!!!! TELL THEM WE HAVE SUPPORTED THIS PRIVATE LAKE ENOUGH!!!

youngster

• Just Do IT
Re: Rushford Lake update!!!HELP ASAP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2015, 08:49 AM »
already called numerous times,, was pretty much informed we are bottom of the foodchain. the taxpayers on the lake  and cuba pay much of taxes for Allegany county therefore they are the top of food chain............ it is what it is...   was told to buy a cottage and fish. lol..   don't even fish the lake .  was told there will be gates at all public launches to fight invasive species...  so I guess we better start fightin for  :-\walkable access from now on or that will be lost also... they had a response in the olean times a herald awhile back that explained it all..   its a private lake  from what theyr,e saying and its the way it is....   

mxzin

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2015, 07:27 PM »
Youngster, your DEC gave them over 650,000 for the 2010-2012 dam project. Your DEC also stock's the lake with a average of 5,600 trout each year. I think we just might want to keep on calling the senator,  before they are granted another grant to replace the valves on the dam(2.5 million)which they are filing with senators office! SENATOR YOUNG 518-455-3563 LETS STOP THIS ISSUE BEFORE IT SPREADS!!!!!

youngster

• Just Do IT
« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2015, 06:53 AM »
thanks for the insight ,, I was in on the original thread about this issue and am aware of what we hand out to them....  im just posting what I was told. and what was reported in the paper.. koodos, to you and anyone else that can help the cause... I agree with you   just letting you know whats we already had confronted.   ???

youngster

• Just Do IT
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2015, 06:57 AM »
the wizard delved into it and found out a lot    if you need to know  anymore info  he has it im sure. he spent some time tryin  to find out what was goin on . he talked to a lot of people.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.