FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: M C Perching sat  (Read 1674 times)

wallin

M C Perching sat
« on: Jul 19, 2015, 01:52 PM »
Fished out of Mich City sat, hot and nasty.
Fished for several hours and just a nibble from time to time, got a text from a member here that they were found.
We pulled up and ran about 6 miles from where we were and found the pack, also found you needed to anchor up to get on the bite. Electric anchor (not used for a few years) did not want to cooperate and didn't lol. Got the anchor down but would not hold in the waves we had so we had to retrieve by hand. Waves laid down, bite fired up and so did a squall that fired up from the north East and eventually brought 3 to 4ftrs so we had to abandon the lake. Bro and his Bro in-law got 5, we got 1 keeper. Lots of dinks and gobies. Half my screen was full of fish at times, alewies. Even caught one lol. Well got out anyway and had a great time, bros motor quit at the ramp, glad it wasn't on the lake. Remember Big Lake Anchor lol when you fish for Perch.
Wallin

High Flags

Re: M C Perching sat
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2015, 07:22 PM »
Nice to hear there are some around, sure is harder these days to put Perch in the boat that's for sure. My last outing stunk!  I got two 18# river anchors on anchor mates on my boat if I let out lots of slack line they hold pretty good. Im glad you guys made it back.     FYI... I got Us boats towing insurance They have a boat out of Michigan city... They are world wide. i think...  I got it a few years ago for piece of mind its real reasonable VS towing rescue.. cost can be $1000,  plus

wallin

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2015, 07:26 AM »
Nice to hear there are some around, sure is harder these days to put Perch in the boat that's for sure. My last outing stunk!  I got two 18# river anchors on anchor mates on my boat if I let out lots of slack line they hold pretty good. Im glad you guys made it back.     FYI... I got Us boats towing insurance They have a boat out of Michigan city... They are world wide. i think...  I got it a few years ago for piece of mind its real reasonable VS towing rescue.. cost can be $1000,  plus
Thanks Mark, we always try to go with other boats, I was in mine, bro was in his and Brad=Tingh66 was there in his G3-nice boat. He was waiting to load out(I hate MC Marine when a storm comes) and theres a 30 min wait to get off the water, we loaded and was waiting for bro-he had to use trolling motor and the lady at the Marine is not a good person for that job in my opinion lol.
Wallin

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2015, 01:11 PM »
Guys having trouble with anchors holding on the big lake, put 3-5 foot of heavy duty chain on the end and connect to anchor. Rope tends to float and cant get a good hook set in the sand/muck
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

MC_angler

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2015, 01:29 PM »
I was out of St. Joe on saturday and sunday.

Saturday we had just got on them when we got chased off. Had 12 keepers. Fish were really high in the water column, and aggressive with the approaching storm.

Sunday night we got out for 3 hours and caught 60, but only 16 keepers. Lots of small fish. Also caught a really big drum on 6 pound test, which was fun

35 feet seemed best. Yet to catch a goby this year

libo

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2015, 07:43 PM »
 fished mc sat. & sun. nice limits by 9:30.  got off lake just before sat storm. today had to work harder for good limit, lots of dinks. blue tower trench getting worked to death. enjoyed a perch dinner last night yummmm!!!

wallin

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2015, 07:27 AM »
Guys having trouble with anchors holding on the big lake, put 3-5 foot of heavy duty chain on the end and connect to anchor. Rope tends to float and cant get a good hook set in the sand/muck
I got a good Perchin anchor but forgot it lol.
Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.