FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ft Wayne fishing spots  (Read 2049 times)

Bobcatlancer

Ft Wayne fishing spots
« on: Jul 19, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Does anyone know any good fishing spots in the area? I am new to town and don't know any good spots to go fishing. Can anyone help me out?

boondox

Re: Ft Wayne fishing spots
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2015, 04:38 PM »
what do you plan to fish for? bass, walleye, blue gills, etc...

there is a big river that run threw fort Wayne, IN. I think it is the Maumee river or some thing along them lines .. I hear people do good on walleyes there in the spring  maybe bass in summer ? you just got to find a hot spots and fish them hard...  if after steel head or trout try Michigan city piers etc... on lake Michigan on week ends or some thing along them lines...

could also try state parks federal parks etc .. county and metro parks etc...etc...

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/summer98.pdf

stinkybaits

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Hurshtown Resevoir offers some great options and full of nice fish. It's easy shore fishing or there's a launch electric motors only. Also has boat rentals. Just Google the name. 

Hermdog

• lets go fishing, YEA BABY YEAAA
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2015, 04:50 AM »
They're are countless lakes within a 40 minute drive north of the Fort!!

gilldan

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Stop by Pro Tackle on Lima Rd.  Jim will be glad to help you out and help you pick out the right tackle that you need.  The best investment of $4.00 you can make is getting an Uncle Josh Lake map.  It shows you all of the lakes in northeast Ind.  The best part of the map is that it shows all of the back roads in the counties to save you some driving time.  Welcome to the area.  When hard water comes head over to Ice Shanty.com.  Lots of good folks on the site to help you get started.

ftwwalleye

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2015, 11:51 AM »
Welcome. We have 3 rivers here so lots of catch and release spots. The water has been high but once it's down plenty of spots. Pm me if you want more direction

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.