FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wabash River Prediction  (Read 1559 times)

bigr

Wabash River Prediction
« on: Jul 24, 2015, 08:46 AM »
Good news. The resi's are dropping as fast as the corp can drop them and forecast doesn't look to bad. I thinking I'll be back in the Wabash by labor day weekend chasing them eyes and sauger. It will be interesting how much the current has changed the holes i fish. I expect better conditions thinking it may have flushed sediments away and created new bars and deeper holes. There was a study by Ball St that showed a flush method in the fall during draw down would greatly improve river conditions. That flushing method is being used on some resi's in Ky and has proven to help over just a few yrs. Green River comes to mind as one that they do it on. It was suppose to be tried on the Sally but for some reason never implemented. Fish on again.

chicagill34

Re: Wabash River Prediction
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2015, 12:12 PM »
sounds good..maybe different structure for ice fishing as well

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2015, 05:07 PM »
Good news. Hope the weekend storms pass you by.

My son was joking the other day about fishing on the ice with the water up at current levels.  Hard to think about.

BigR - I have been traveling back and forth and could make a side trip to see the resis. Good or bad idea? I mean, are there roads covered and only locals know where to go?

trophytaker1

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2015, 08:31 PM »
Had a older fellow tell me a few years ago that back in the late 80"s him and friend ice fished salimonie and when they cut a hole to fish it was several feet down to the water. Said he they left right now and said it was border line needing new shorts.

bigr

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2015, 05:37 AM »
Boomer you shouldn't have any problems getting to the dams or most of the launch areas. They are really pouring out the water from all the resi's. If you pass thru Wabash from 9 to around 1 stop by and say hello. We are having our yearly wabash river defenders event saturday(this morning). I'm frying fish for the masses to be served at 12 noon. All are welcome.

bigr

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2015, 05:46 AM »
There are some good ole boys stories you always hear about the resi's about ice conditions. I love sitting around a hole with a group of guys and hear all the B.S. It's what makes for a good trip. I had a friend that claimed to the day he died that he broke thru and fell thirty feet to dry ground and had to walk under ice for hrs until he found a break in the ice to get out. That story grew bigger and bigger over the years. Then there's the stories about heart attack hill on the sally(105). 

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2015, 05:48 AM »
Sorry boomer, it's at the paridise springs on the east end of  downtown.

Boomer

« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2015, 07:38 AM »
Thanks Bigr but am home now. Hope to see you more than a day or two on the ice.  Love to pick your brain on sauger and others on the Wabash. Maybe this year I can travel to Missi for some ice crappies.  Have a good day and keep the masses happy with fish!

rivereddy

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Was up last Sunday, SR 105 south of Salamonie is closed due to work on a culvert just north of 124

fish on,
Rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.