FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Updated: 2017 Trip Report (Turnbuckle)  (Read 9963 times)

Turnbuckle

Re: Mid season update
« Reply #15 on: Jul 31, 2015, 08:30 AM »
Thanks. That is Milo and he is a little over 1 year old. Good boat dog. Lost my last chocolate a few years back at 10 years old. Great dog, but paced all day on the boat, would jump out at speeds of 20mph, and try to bite the fish. I don't miss that part of him.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

« Reply #16 on: Jul 31, 2015, 09:44 AM »
Excellent

Looks like you made the correct decision about the boat!

# SAND

Turnbuckle

« Reply #17 on: Aug 01, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Excellent

Looks like you made the correct decision about the boat!

You bet. We have been having some fun for sure. Surprise salmon this morning that went just under 25 inches.

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

seamonkey84

« Reply #18 on: Aug 01, 2015, 08:40 PM »
You bet. We have been having some fun for sure. Surprise salmon this morning that went just under 25 inches.

What a beauty! Keep at them.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

sebagosalmo

« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2015, 02:08 AM »
Nice Salmon  ;D

fish wayniac

« Reply #20 on: Aug 02, 2015, 08:04 AM »
Jeremy, That is a beautiful salmon. Congratz!

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #21 on: Aug 05, 2015, 11:37 AM »
What a beauty

Turnbuckle

« Reply #22 on: Aug 24, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Late summer update: The Lund went home tonight with a new owner. I'm out of the game for fall fishing. Stay tuned.

Stickbait

« Reply #23 on: Aug 24, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Great post!! Nice to see the up and coming generation getting into it,kudos to you!!

MGK

« Reply #24 on: Aug 24, 2015, 06:35 PM »
Late summer update: The Lund went home tonight with a new owner. I'm out of the game for fall fishing. Stay tuned.

I saw that... any plans on getting a 14' or something just so you can scratch the itch every once in awhile?
It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Turnbuckle

« Reply #25 on: Aug 24, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Not sure what I'm going to do Matt. I'm usually really strategic on everything but I just don't have a plan right now.
Might buy a pontoon and convert it to a fishing battleship! I really like the idea of a crossover vessel like some of the polarkrafts and the Lund with a front bow rider section, rear jump seats and bigger HP. Stupid money for them though.
Thought about taking a year off and seeing how much I miss it too. I don't have a clue, but suspect I'll be fishing again soon enough in something. Maybe I should have kept the Alaskan considering how much they are to replace now?
Just going to focus on hunting and snowmobiling for the short term!

woodchip1

« Reply #26 on: Aug 24, 2015, 07:04 PM »
One luck guy . Women that like to fish.  All you have to do is drive the boat. and they will keep you fed.

woodchip1

« Reply #27 on: Aug 24, 2015, 07:08 PM »
Pontoon boat is the only way to go. as soon as I find one I can afford that's my next boat.  Keep my smaller boats for the small ponds and lakes  But at camp only way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

PotShot

« Reply #28 on: Aug 24, 2015, 08:23 PM »
Great Pictures!! Thanks!

JDK

« Reply #29 on: Aug 25, 2015, 05:06 AM »
You had a great run with that boat.  I'm sure it will continue with whatever you choose.
# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.