FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Updated: 2017 Trip Report (Turnbuckle)  (Read 9960 times)

Turnbuckle

Re: Updated: 2017 Trip Report (Turnbuckle)
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2017, 04:11 PM »
Monday- Memorial Day.

Around noon I was talking to my buddy and agreed we would try to catch his boy a salmon. Launched about 11am and got into some salmon again on streamers. We watched a bunch striking at flies in the prop wash, but got a lot of short strikes and hit and runs on our side lines, but found a half dozen or so in the net. His boy appeared to have a great time.

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

huntmaine

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2017, 12:44 AM »
Great pictures!! Awesome to see the kids out there, my wife and I are expecting our first he's due to arrive June 22nd. Can't wait to get him out there with me!

Turnbuckle

« Reply #47 on: Jun 15, 2017, 02:30 PM »
Last week was another decent one. When it wasn't bright sun and the surface was 60 or less the salmon were still up high and did well with a buddy a couple nights. Prop wasf flies they are playing with regardless of speed or style, but getting them way behind the boat.

My buddy from Wilton that I hunt and fish with had never had his boy trolling before so they came down and spent the morning. We didn't start until 6am and it was sunny and hot, but got a salmon pretty quick before we moved to lake trout. It was nice to see them.

I haven't personally caught but a couple fish when we have doubles on, but hoping a trip up north is in the cards soon.

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

« Reply #48 on: Jun 15, 2017, 02:43 PM »
 :tipup:
# SAND

gamefisher

« Reply #49 on: Jun 15, 2017, 03:18 PM »
Very few do a better job than you Jeremy at getting families out on the water together passing on this knowledge and healthy pastime.  8)  Good stuff. :tipup:

Turnbuckle

« Reply #50 on: Jun 15, 2017, 04:54 PM »
Very few do a better job than you Jeremy at getting families out on the water together passing on this knowledge and healthy pastime.  8)  Good stuff. :tipup:

I don't mind blood in my boat, but Dorito orange finger prints and fruit punch juice box everywhere is getting old. I need spills of cheap beer and dill chips crumbs soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.