FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Updated: 2017 Trip Report (Turnbuckle)  (Read 9962 times)

gamefisher

Re: Mid season update
« Reply #30 on: Aug 25, 2015, 05:11 AM »
It only gets more hectic I hate to say Jeremy, the wife and I took a ride in the polarkraft last night, first time I have started it since 4th of July!  Last time I have wet a line was mid June, might be looking to let a few toys go myself until the kids are gone and I get my life back. :D

waterwolf603

« Reply #31 on: Aug 25, 2015, 06:38 AM »
looks like you are having a great season with family and friends, and a heck of alot of nice fish. thanks for sharing. That salmon looks pristine.
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

NBG

« Reply #32 on: Aug 25, 2015, 05:48 PM »
These pics are AWESOME!

NH_RED

« Reply #33 on: Aug 26, 2015, 03:22 PM »
Your a great dad! Your daughter is learning things that will serve her well the rest of her life ;D Not to mention she will have some awesome memories 8)

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #34 on: Aug 27, 2015, 06:05 PM »
Jeremy, Just reading about you parting with the Lund, had to look twice, then take a nitro!!!!!

If you break out in a rash, give me a call, I'll die with my Polarkraft. ;D ;D 
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

Turnbuckle

« Reply #35 on: Aug 27, 2015, 07:53 PM »
Jeremy, Just reading about you parting with the Lund, had to look twice, then take a nitro!!!!!

If you break out in a rash, give me a call, I'll die with my Polarkraft. ;D ;D 

:D :D

I sent my navionics chip and all my waypoints away with the boat, but I still know where there are some fishy spots out there!
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

fishlessman

« Reply #36 on: Aug 28, 2015, 07:59 AM »
thatsa tough one, after 25 years on my boat i dont think i could sell it, upgrade it etc.  if it didnt float anymore it would sit in the yard so i could go out and sip a beer in it ;D

JDK

« Reply #37 on: Aug 28, 2015, 08:33 AM »
I get attached to my "stuff" as much as anyone.  In the end it is only stuff and you have to do what is right for you and your family.  I'm sure that other endeavors will result in a lot of smiles and quality family time.

# SAND

Turnbuckle

« Reply #38 on: Aug 28, 2015, 12:20 PM »
i will get it all figured out soon enough.
Today was the first time I missed the ol girl. Was up at 3am, couldn't sleep and was like I'll just go up to the lake.....not!
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

Turnbuckle

Updated: 2017 Sebago (Turnbuckle)
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 08:14 AM »
Resurrecting this thread, and figured I would just keep a running report on fishing locally. I primarily fish Sebago other than a couple trips north, so this will be my Sebago thread for 17.

I keep in touch with some of the forum regulars, but for those that missed it I sold my Alaskan in the fall of 15 and didn't have a boat last year. I fly fished once in Rangeley and once in Moosehead, but I didn't troll once. I slipped into a deep depression!!

Anyway I figured I would keep photos and reports together. Feel free to add yours as the season moves on.

Some photos from the last couple weeks and one from us at the Sabattus tournament that kicked off the year.

Turnbuckle

Re: Updated: 2017 Trip Report (Turnbuckle)
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 08:19 AM »
Kids picking out their favorites.

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 08:21 AM »
Great pics! The girls have it dialed in, nice fish.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2017, 08:29 AM »
Afternoons have been typically slow, took a friend out and got a couple.

Friday launched at noon - first rod in the prop wash, big fully dressed tandem and before we got the second rod in it was screaming. It was like an hour before we got 3 rods and set as the salmon were just crushing them. One in the wash, one on a sink line, one on a couple colors of leadcore. I think we got 10 fish including one 22.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2017, 08:40 AM »
Sunday May 28th - family boat day but I typically run a few lines deep for togue while the girls sun theirselves and argue.... water was calm and 59 surface, then the wind picked up and turned the lake to white caps and the surface rolled over to 50 degrees. Sun was bright but I cooked it over to the shore getting pounded with wind and waves and put out two rods with floating lines right behind the boat and watched the streamers riding the waves breaking the surface every so often. On days that the sun is shining and I'm running streamers I like to try the beaded ones as I think they really reflect and get attention. Two beaded ghost variations and two fish right off. Got a few med sized ones before getting blown off the lake.

Couldn't find a fishing partner today so I'm sitting on the Internet...

zwiggles

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2017, 11:23 AM »
That's a great photo! Looks like everyone is having a great time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.