FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Costa del mar sunglasses  (Read 4227 times)

fishkiller007

Re: Costa del mar sunglasses
« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2015, 09:03 PM »
I ended up getting Cortez costas with 580g in green tint
Don't fear the fish

fontona19

« Reply #16 on: Jul 27, 2015, 11:08 PM »
Those are compatible with the c-mono gripper to keep them secure.  Check it out on Costa's site.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #17 on: Jul 28, 2015, 11:35 AM »

Not true according to WebMD.
See the very last line in the article.

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/features/how-to-pick-good-sunglasses?page=2

I've seen this elsewhere also.

actually it  was  my ophthalmologist that  told  me   to  buy a  good  set  of  polarized ,I know I know  i'm  taking the  word  of a  man that spent years  in medical  school instead  of  fisherman  on  the  internet  ....silly  me............
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

knehrke

« Reply #18 on: Jul 29, 2015, 06:55 AM »
I have a pair of Costa 580g and they're phenomenal. The plastic version developed optical aberrations when left in a hot truck a few too many times. No such problem with the glass. As for keeping them on my head, I use Cablz Zipz. You've got to check where they attach to the glasses every once in awhile for wear, but I've not noticed any issues in over three years.

Oh, and my wife is director of research for the Flaum Eye Institute at the University of Rochester...does that get me "expert" points? :D

Powderfinger

« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 2015, 08:58 AM »
I've had a pair o Wavekillers for close to 10 years now.  I sent them back once for repair on a snapped arm, but about 2 years ago I managed to crack one of the lenses.  They wanted $90 to repair them (said they had to do both lenses).  Well, I decided to look into other options and found  a pretty dang good one.  I have since ordered 2 pairs of Suncloud polarized shades.

http://www.suncloudoptics.com/

They are much cheaper than the other better known brands, however they are really good quality.  I have a much easier time justifying $49 for a pair of fishing glasses that I do with ones that are $129 and up.

Just my two cents.

Mac Attack

« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2015, 01:41 PM »
I solved that problem long ago. I started buying prescription polarized sunglasses from my Optician with a guarantee that they were 100% UV protection. Yes, $250-300 a pair, with a Varilux lens, but d**n they're nice. I prefer an amber tint. All purpose and excellent for fishing.

I envy those of you who don't need a prescription.

Rg

Me 2 Bob
Especially the last sentence

Mac

Mac Attack

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2015, 01:43 PM »

....silly  me............

That's what I was thinking Trap.

;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor