FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CTO's catfish round-up!-tonight!-starting at 6!-'till 7a.m.  (Read 2175 times)

fishingaddicct

Anyway haven't been posting as much as I should w/ litaeral pain in the *** medical issue+ truck prob.-Got new 4x4& just in time for Gery at CTO's Whisker-round-up-15 dollars sign up at Wethersfield cove- starts at six-goes 'till 7a.m.-cash prizes for three heaviest fish-I'm there!

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
Re: CTO's catfish round-up!-tonight!-starting at 6!-'till 7a.m.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2015, 09:29 AM »
Just as a future referance, It would be good to post things like this a week before, not the day of?
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Or ask a MOD to approve it and clean it up and post it for you....    ;) ;)     ;D ;D

Any bluefish in the sound this summer octanehi ???   
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

eiderz

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Any bluefish in the sound this summer octanehi huh

They're around Dom, although not as many as the 70's and 80's. TONS of bunker this year, I hit some with the prop on the way out of the marina this morning. The marina is a very small basin with a narrow entrance channel, I'm thinking there may be a hypoxia fish kill.  :-\

My wife loves the sea bass the last couple of years, we caught a bunch and just finished the sea biscuits a few minutes ago. ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2015, 07:36 PM »
I'm a bass fisherman ,and like blues, there a ton of fun to catch but not so good to eat...
And at the right time they both love top water lures.... ;D ;D

The seabass (blackfish) ? were the best eating....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

eiderz

« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2015, 08:31 PM »
These are black sea bass, they hang around rock piles in deep water (50-120') and eat almost anything that comes by. I think you have blackfish/tautog in mind, they hang around rocks in shallower water, green crabs/asian crabs or hermit crabs are their favorite meal. Both species are top notch table fare.

Agreed, both stripers and blues can be a blast on topwater lures. Personally, not a big fan of either for eating, but many people drool over the stripers. The only way blues are palatable for me is if they are well bled.

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2015, 06:24 AM »
I have not been yet ,But hearing that the black sea bass are very nice size, Numbers of blues and Stripers are down, The only time I will eat blues if they are snappers(small) make a nice fry,Heading down to old lyme thursday night to do some surf casting. Eiderz let me know if you know a good spot? Top water or Eels?
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.