FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New To Forum. Need Georgetown Lake Tips  (Read 3816 times)

timgoodwin

• Just Do It!
New To Forum. Need Georgetown Lake Tips
« on: Aug 02, 2015, 07:42 AM »
Greetings,
New to the forum and was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions about fishing Georgetown Lake? Never fished there before but want to. It's really close to me and would be much easier to get at than driving all the way to Flathead Lake. My first choice.
Thanks for having me aboard.
Cook a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend.

JohnMcN1

Re: New To Forum. Need Georgetown Lake Tips
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2015, 12:52 PM »
I have always done well from the shore (pump house area and the picnic area across the bay from Piney campground) with night crawlers and marshmallows. I've heard people do well trolling small Mepps spinners near the pump house.

TooLucky406

« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2015, 08:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum Tim! Georgetown is an awesome fishery! Any specific on what type of fishing you'll be doing, i.e., shore vs boat, spin vs fly gear. Some area on GTown just work better then other,  although you'll catch fish regardless. Popular spots are the pumphouse as John mention, and was stack full of fish last three weeks (second-hand info), Sunnyside, Comers Point, Pebble Beach, or Stuart Mill Bay. If you're after kokanee, you'll need some sort of water craft.

Jon.breitbach

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2015, 10:10 PM »
I know of a few people who cast with kamlooper spoobs, usually red and white, my neighbors has outdobe me 4 to 1 with his against my panther martin.  He likes the shalliw bay, stuart mill bay i think.

Jrodjams

« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2016, 08:46 PM »
I have had great luck with wolly buggers both green and brown. Worms on bottom are good.  Sweedish pimples and maggots through the ice.

fishindaily

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2016, 02:05 PM »
swedish pimples through the ice for sure

montanatroutslayer

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Are you looking for ice fishing tips, ice off tips, or summer fishing?

montanatroutslayer

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:55 AM »
Ice fishing can be great for trout and kokanee. I like a sweedish pimple dropped with a smaller fly below tipped with maggots. Start at the pump house with all the other people and expand from there.

montanatroutslayer

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:56 AM »
Summer can also be good too my advice will vary if you are fishing from a boat or not. Check the regulations though because the the majority of the lake stays closed to fishing until later in the year.

burck17

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2016, 05:23 AM »
I could also use some tips I am active duty Air Force and stationed in Minot ND but from WA so I'll be meeting some family halfway and staying on the lake for about 5 days.  I will be there in august. And kinda would like an idea of what gear depth to look to use... I'd like to catch kokes and trout both... If you don't want to post pm will work...  Also i will have a boat and downriggers if that makes a differance. Thanks very much.

elktalk101

« Reply #10 on: Feb 29, 2016, 01:28 PM »
I use a water bubble and fly set up from shore or a boat. Most any fly will work.  Cast out and retrieve slowly. Good luck.

shortgame247

« Reply #11 on: Feb 29, 2016, 09:44 PM »
I've always done well with the panther martins

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.