FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: two Outings Today  (Read 1663 times)

bogtrotter

two Outings Today
« on: Aug 02, 2015, 08:50 PM »
This morning my buddy and I fished a private pond for a couple of hours, and landed a total of 12 brook trout.

I caught the smallest (a 3" niblick), and my buddy got the biggest (a 15" behemoth).

I did land one good sized one (12"), but it had a "v" shaped chunk taken out of its back half way between the dorsal and tail fin.

(By a great blue heron, perhaps?)

This afternoon, I got out solol for a couple more hours on the South Branch of the Hoosic, from just above the Burnett Bednarz bridge down to Elm Rock.

Sunny, blue skies, 85 degrees. Water was about the same as last week.

I didn't get any hits until just above the bridge near the Old Stone Mill, and I lost him.

Downstream from there, I reeled in three rainbows - - one 13" by the OSM, one 15" a little further downstream, and one 13" by Elm Rock.

On my way back to the car, I caught the trout that I'd missed on my first "pass" above the OSM bridge (a 12" bow) and headed home.

lowaccord66

Re: two Outings Today
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Way to get out and catch some fish!

wally13

« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2015, 02:37 AM »
way to   go go get those trout

Yachtzy

« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2015, 12:35 PM »
Nice job bog, are you a flyrod or spincast guy? Just curious.

bogtrotter

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2015, 07:49 PM »
Nice job bog, are you a flyrod or spincast guy? Just curious.

I have a couple fly rods, but I haven't used them in quite awhile.

So, nowadays, I'm strictly spincast.

westernmas

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2015, 01:58 PM »
I have a couple fly rods, but I haven't used them in quite awhile.

So, nowadays, I'm strictly spincast.

I may be switching back to the spinning rod.  I'm getting mighty frustrated with fly fishing these days.  You go to the Swift and can see 4lb trout swimming around but they won't hit my flies or presentation.  If I had a few lures and/or some worms I'd catch every trout in the place.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2015, 02:03 PM »
I may be switching back to the spinning rod.  I'm getting mighty frustrated with fly fishing these days.  You go to the Swift and can see 4lb trout swimming around but they won't hit my flies or presentation.  If I had a few lures and/or some worms I'd catch every trout in the place.

Come visit my neck of the woods...the farmington river would be happy to give you all the flyrod trout you want.  I know the majority of it from Riverton (my backyard) to burlington.  If you ever want to hit it send me a pm.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.