FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 5922 times)

beau

Re: PERCH
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 2015, 06:14 PM »
I took two nephews fishing with a friend.  Went out of Michigan City for salmon.  Caught 4 nice Lakers and lost 4 fish.  If the wind forecast holds I might see you out there Saturday.  Monday might be good too.  Looks like we are in for a streak of hot weather in a week.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #16 on: Sep 01, 2015, 04:25 PM »
With this weather pattern in play are there any good perch reports thinking maybe friday

beau

« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Went yesterday evening out of Michigan City.  It took a while to find some and when we did most were dinks.  18 to 24 FOW out from condos.  A friend caught them in 29 FOW earlier in the day but they had moved when we tried that depth.  With the warm weather and good wind conditions they should hang around for a while.  Good luck! 

fishcrazy

« Reply #18 on: Sep 05, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Perch have been spotty recently around Ogden Dunes . My buddy was sleeping on the back of my boat when this drum took his perch minnow on 6 lb test for a ride! Was a little upset it wasn't salmon but fun none the less...

abishop

« Reply #19 on: Sep 09, 2015, 01:55 PM »
Anyone have any current reports they care to share??? PERCH THAT IS...   P.S. THOSE SHEEPHEADS ARE A BLAST TO CATCH, MOUTH LIKE BRICKS, ONCE THEY ARE HOOKED THEY STAY ON, CONGRATS, LOOKS LIKE 8 POUNDER.

libo

« Reply #20 on: Sep 10, 2015, 01:01 PM »
perch fishing has been excellant east of m.c. over labor day weekend ,once you found them. noticed perch just full of baby perch, about 1'' long. had to work thru a few dinks. think i'm done for the year, wife says no more.

beau

« Reply #21 on: Sep 10, 2015, 04:48 PM »
Went out of mich city today.  Fished east to condos and west to windmills. Tried 12 FOW  to 40 FOW.  4 fish in 6 hours. Quite a few boats out trying, didn't see anyone catching perch. 

libo

« Reply #22 on: Sep 10, 2015, 05:33 PM »
beau--   try way east by blue water tower in long beach. 24 to 27 ' fished there tues. very good limit by 8:30. don't usally give up perch spots, but like i said done for the year. heading to tenn. for some striper fishing

MC_angler

« Reply #23 on: Sep 11, 2015, 09:22 AM »
I have been doing well for perch NB/St Joe out in 45 to 50 feet

look at the Michigan City buoy and find where the temp break is, then go fish that - seems to hold the perch sometimes when you can't find them shallower

beau

« Reply #24 on: Sep 11, 2015, 01:38 PM »
MC Angler.  How do I find the Michigan City buoy.  I watch the Cook Nuc. Buoy all of the time but I've not seen any info about a MC buoy.

After reading your post I think we possibly just didn't go out far enough.  Max depth we went out to was 40 FOW. 

Thanks for responding to the thread!

abishop

« Reply #25 on: Sep 12, 2015, 07:04 PM »
beau--   try way east by blue water tower in long beach. 24 to 27 ' fished there tues. very good limit by 8:30. don't usally give up perch spots, but like i said done for the year. heading to tenn. for some striper fishing
How far east from Michigan City did you go. Michigan waters?????

Boomer

« Reply #26 on: Sep 12, 2015, 07:08 PM »
beau - the IDNR fishing report website. Go to north; lake Michigan. At the end of the lake Michigan report they give the address.

beau

« Reply #27 on: Sep 13, 2015, 07:48 AM »
Al, we only went east as far as the condos.. On the trip previous we went to the blue water tower and didn't find them. 

Boomer, thanks, I found it earlier with a Google search.  I wish temps were in F.instead of C but I can convert. 

In any 24 hr. Period the water temps can change drastically.  I haven't got those perch completely figured out but I'm working on it.  I know that you can catch some nice ones in the fall if you can find them..  I have caught some good perch off the west corner of the Port of Indiana in November.  Fall weather can be a pain though because of strong winds so much of the time. 

MC_angler

« Reply #28 on: Sep 15, 2015, 10:19 AM »
Al, we only went east as far as the condos.. On the trip previous we went to the blue water tower and didn't find them. 

Boomer, thanks, I found it earlier with a Google search.  I wish temps were in F.instead of C but I can convert. 

In any 24 hr. Period the water temps can change drastically.  I haven't got those perch completely figured out but I'm working on it.  I know that you can catch some nice ones in the fall if you can find them..  I have caught some good perch off the west corner of the Port of Indiana in November.  Fall weather can be a pain though because of strong winds so much of the time. 

You can change the unit of measure from Metric to English. It's a drop down menu at the top, should be pretty obvious

abishop

« Reply #29 on: Sep 16, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Anyone gotten any lately. Going to try to get out Thursday or Friday if the weather permits.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.