FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Todays catch 8/24/15  (Read 1789 times)

princecraft

Todays catch 8/24/15
« on: Aug 24, 2015, 03:40 PM »

Got out this morning for a few hours of fishing just across the border in Michigan.   8:00 - 12:30.  Caught these 20 on crickets fishing mostly in about 14 fow.  Biggest was 9 1/4 and smallest was 7 1/4. Water temp when I started was 75.4.  The wind really picked up after I was on the lake after about 2 hours.  Made handling of the boat really rough. 

crappiehunter

Re: Todays catch 8/24/15
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2015, 06:44 PM »
WTG Jack!
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2015, 07:19 AM »
Nice Jack!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

tater140

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2015, 07:34 AM »
Great job.  I know you fish crickets a lot.  Just a quick question.... When fishing crickets do you fish them on a bare hook, or do you have some other secret concoction?  I grew up mainly fishing the resevoirs for crappie, so crickets are a whole new animal for me.  I have used them in the past with some success, but could never keep them on my hook and I always ended up spilling them and they were jumping all over the boat.  I suppose I could always be more careful.

princecraft

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2015, 10:37 AM »
Great job.  I know you fish crickets a lot.  Just a quick question.... When fishing crickets do you fish them on a bare hook, or do you have some other secret concoction?  I grew up mainly fishing the resevoirs for crappie, so crickets are a whole new animal for me.  I have used them in the past with some success, but could never keep them on my hook and I always ended up spilling them and they were jumping all over the boat.  I suppose I could always be more careful.
Just a #8 or #10 bare hook.  I have caught very few crappie on them and very few perch also.  At times the gills seem to just verily move the bobber and the cricket is gone and at other times you almost get every gill that bite.  Go figure.  When tight lining, which I will be doing in the next few weeks, you have a much better catch rate...

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2015, 01:58 PM »
Good ones Jack.  Stay on em!
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

Boomer

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Tater,  I love  using crickets. I like to hook them right behind the head and out the rear. Usually stay on pretty good.  Also, a cricket cage that is tubular is a good choice and just shake one or two out at a time (in the kayak this is almost a necessity). Have you tried the little cricket "bucket" that has a white ring inside the top?  More prone to tip over but may be easier to get a cricket out of.  Keep using them and have fun.

Nice catch princecraft. Nice looking boat too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.