FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 25 more  (Read 2451 times)

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
25 more
« on: Aug 25, 2015, 02:07 PM »
Got out this morning for the 1st time in about 3 weeks.  Been working a lot of hours but was able to sneak away and glad I did.  Last time I was out the water temps were around 82 degrees and this morning the water temp was 69.2.  Low temps are going to be in the mid to low 50's for the next 3 nights so I'm sure by the weekend water temps will probably be in the mid 60's.  Majority of my fish today came on the tightline rod.  Bites that came on the bobber were very light and never took the bobber under.  They would just sit there and hold the bait but they never would grab the bait and go.  Used crickets and was finding them deep.  Marked a lot of suspended fish but was only fishing for the ones on or near the bottom.  Winds were kicking pretty good today as well. Here is today's reward.
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

Boomer

Re: 25 more
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2015, 02:13 PM »
Nice catch.  Is the "fall bite" getting here a little early this year?

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Nice catch.  Is the "fall bite" getting here a little early this year?
Who knows.  I wore shorts and a t-shirt today and with the wind and misting rain most of the morning I wish I had dressed warmer.  Don't say that too often in late August.  Next week looks like the temps shoot right back up to the high 80's so we will see.  I'm going to Alabama to visit my family this weekend and the temps there are in the low to mid 90's so that will be a change of pace.  I'm hoping that it gets warm again to raise the river temperature and then in mid to late September we get some really good rainfalls and that things get really good around the beginning of October.  Time will tell.  Until then I'll keep on chasing the bluegills.
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

tater140

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2015, 03:46 PM »
"I'm going to Alabama to visit my family this weekend and the temps there are in the low to mid 90's so that will be a change of pace" --- Don't forget your Auburn hat.

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2015, 05:18 PM »
"I'm going to Alabama to visit my family this weekend and the temps there are in the low to mid 90's so that will be a change of pace" --- Don't forget your Auburn hat.
Ha, not a chance.  I'd rather smash my nuts with a rubber mallet than to wear an Auburn hat.  My wife, my son, and I are all wearing Alabama shirts as I type this.  When I saw your post I just walked into my closet and rounded up a few of my BAMA hats.  Still have at least 25 others and the famous Bear Bryant Houndstooth hat as well that I didn't put in the picture. I'm sure while I'm down there I'll pick up a few new ones as well.  ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Is it football season yet?
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

stinkybaits

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2015, 11:16 PM »
Nice haul!  :thumbup_smilie:

Gartoon

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2015, 04:29 AM »
LOL
nice fish.....and hats

princecraft

« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2015, 05:37 AM »
WTG Darin

tater140

« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2015, 07:40 AM »
I couldn't help but throw a friendly poke at ya Fishking.   I have some family in Alabama as well and have seen the intensity of that rivalry. 

I like the pic with with the fish counter in the foreground.  I need to get one of those, it seems i'm always guessing, or re-counting my crappie when i'm close to a limit.  I can't remember for more then 5 min's how many fish i've caught.

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 26, 2015, 08:12 AM »
Ya that rivalry is crazy.  My relatives said they always sit wherever in church but for the week of the Iron Bowl they all divide and sit on the Auburn or Alabama side lol.  I usually fish Michigan where there is a limit and I've seen some pretty cool ways of keeping track.  A lot of golfers have beads on a rope type deal to keep track of their shots.  Ive seen some old timers with 25 really small beads on a rope and everytime they creel one they just slide the bead down.  Works the best for perching on Lake Michigan.  Don't want to be with 2 other guys and have to try and recount 105 perch.
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

6stringer

« Reply #11 on: Aug 29, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Not sure what part of Bama you're going to but wondered if you ever fish Smith Lake. Spent a lot of time there with my Dad. Beautiful lake with some real hogs. My Dad passed in 2008 and haven't fished it since. I miss it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.