FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1475597 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2145 on: Jun 30, 2016, 02:44 PM »
That's just wrong! Locking Filet in the truck, he's harmless. I could see locking Release in the truck. But ya better have the radio on. :w00t: ;D
Theirs a problem with that , he just might chew up the upholstery  :o

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2146 on: Jun 30, 2016, 03:55 PM »
Hope you left a window down. It's too hot to leave and "old dog" in the car...h2l

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2147 on: Jun 30, 2016, 05:39 PM »
Nice job on the brookies Eddie!

Got out with Snag and Freddie again yesterday evening. Plenty of action, but a lot of short eyes. We managed 4 keeper eyes tossing blades. Had plenty of good marks just couldn't get them to go. Also had a few nice perch mixed in with the eyes along with a few weed trout and sheepies. The weather was nice last night as well
Thanks Bob, you interested in a trip? I'm gonna try and get up there tomorrow night. Sick spot, 20 foot tall waterfall and a bunch of smaller ones.

fishbone

« Reply #2148 on: Jun 30, 2016, 05:50 PM »
this has not been released to the public yet---until now---the constantia hatchery has lost over half of the walleyes so far---stocking quotas will not be met

filetandrelease

« Reply #2149 on: Jun 30, 2016, 06:29 PM »
this has not been released to the public yet---until now---the constantia hatchery has lost over half of the walleyes so far---stocking quotas will not be met
The reason ?
Jeez almost forgot smoked trout and some hops how awful
Good job Edd

fishbone

« Reply #2150 on: Jun 30, 2016, 06:41 PM »
i believe they lost the food to feed the walleyes---i think its zooplankton maybe or maybe zytoplankton

reeleyz

« Reply #2151 on: Jun 30, 2016, 06:43 PM »
The reason ?
Jeez almost forgot smoked trout and some hops how awful
Good job Edd

The main reason was poor "egg up". Which means that a lot of the eggs in the jars didn't hatch. One reason behind it is the fact that some of the folks helping out at the hatchery, mixing eggs and sperm, were not seasoned. So they were not mixed well and therefore didn't hatch. The DEC does not assemble the same group of folks every year to assist and some of them are not entirely farmiliar with the process.

Not sure about a lack of food, I had not heard that. They are fed brine shrimp in the hatchery. Zooplankton is what they would eat in the lake. It is what minnows and baby fish eat in the lake.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2152 on: Jun 30, 2016, 07:05 PM »

Thanks guys for the reply

Racer268

« Reply #2153 on: Jun 30, 2016, 08:05 PM »
The main reason was poor "egg up". Which means that a lot of the eggs in the jars didn't hatch. One reason behind it is the fact that some of the folks helping out at the hatchery, mixing eggs and sperm, were not seasoned. So they were not mixed well and therefore didn't hatch. The DEC does not assemble the same group of folks every year to assist and some of them are not entirely farmiliar with the process.

Not sure about a lack of food, I had not heard that. They are fed brine shrimp in the hatchery. Zooplankton is what they would eat in the lake. It is what minnows and baby fish eat in the lake.

This might bring about a whole new meaning to the term ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD.  Wonder how many will be left when the going gets really rough.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2154 on: Jun 30, 2016, 08:24 PM »
Bill I can already see a difference
Last few years it was stupid easy , I know the north shore has been much tougher , guys on the south side are doing better , but I don't see decent numbers consistently being reported , like 15- 20 keepers during the day

coachwarner

« Reply #2155 on: Jun 30, 2016, 09:13 PM »
This might bring about a whole new meaning to the term ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD.  Wonder how many will be left when the going gets really rough.
Whoa! everyone will have to get rid of their window decals!! :w00t:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

reeleyz

« Reply #2156 on: Jun 30, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Whoa! everyone will have to get rid of their window decals!! :w00t:

:w00t:

filetandrelease

« Reply #2157 on: Jun 30, 2016, 09:19 PM »

That's great whats the next sticker Oneida lake try-hards

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2158 on: Jun 30, 2016, 09:44 PM »
That's great whats the next sticker Oneida lake try-hards
;D  :flex:
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2159 on: Jun 30, 2016, 09:46 PM »
Thanks Bob, you interested in a trip? I'm gonna try and get up there tomorrow night. Sick spot, 20 foot tall waterfall and a bunch of smaller ones.
Sounds fun Ed, but I'm swamped with work. Hopefully next time. Sounds like a nice spot
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.