FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1475192 times)

Jakep138

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2970 on: Dec 05, 2016, 02:38 PM »
Bruce there isn't any ice so it was eyes lol
That perch is stuffed can't emagine how much it would have weighed last  ice
 Jake what was in the bellies of the fish ? Just curious
  Well done
Eyes had smaller 1.5 inch Buckeyes / emeralds perch all stocked on gobies .... Every one of em
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

reeleyz

« Reply #2971 on: Dec 05, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Bruce there isn't any ice so it was eyes lol
That perch is stuffed can't emagine how much it would have weighed last  ice
 Jake what was in the bellies of the fish ? Just curious
  Well done

;D

My theory is that we won't see many eyes stuffed with gobies for a year or two. I think it is learned behavior that starts when they are little. So the big eyes are too set in their ways to eat them.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2972 on: Dec 05, 2016, 03:40 PM »
;D

My theory is that we won't see many eyes stuffed with gobies for a year or two. I think it is learned behavior that starts when they are little. So the big eyes are too set in their ways to eat them.

Unless they get hungry.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2973 on: Dec 06, 2016, 04:06 AM »

Thanks jake

step2jimi

« Reply #2974 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:29 AM »
Ill ask the question on ice shanty once things get going but there seems to be more action here for the time being. This well be my first year with a sled and 5th traveling the 2 hours out to oneida for ice fishing. I have a bunch of areas marked out between some maps and navionics that i will be creating waypoints on my gps. I would like to really explore this lake this year and fish areas that are not the mobs of people that iv found at lewis and out of apps. I'm just a little concerned about riding around on the sled in areas iv never been too before, especially considering i have never fished outside those areas on oneida before. I guess what i'm saying is, if there is anyone out there who would like to meet up at the lake a couple times who has a machine i would feel a little better riding out with someone else then with just me and my buddy on the back of the sled. We could try some of the areas i have scouted on the maps i dont even need you to take me to a spot. Just some good old fashion recon with someone who knows the lake a little better then i do.

Jakep138

« Reply #2975 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Ill ask the question on ice shanty once things get going but there seems to be more action here for the time being. This well be my first year with a sled and 5th traveling the 2 hours out to oneida for ice fishing. I have a bunch of areas marked out between some maps and navionics that i will be creating waypoints on my gps. I would like to really explore this lake this year and fish areas that are not the mobs of people that iv found at lewis and out of apps. I'm just a little concerned about riding around on the sled in areas iv never been too before, especially considering i have never fished outside those areas on oneida before. I guess what i'm saying is, if there is anyone out there who would like to meet up at the lake a couple times who has a machine i would feel a little better riding out with someone else then with just me and my buddy on the back of the sled. We could try some of the areas i have scouted on the maps i dont even need you to take me to a spot. Just some good old fashion recon with someone who knows the lake a little better then i do.
Once we get safe ice I will gladly bring you out and can usually find a stupid fish or two .. I will keep you posted on conditions but typically mid to late January for machines
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

perch-hound

« Reply #2976 on: Dec 06, 2016, 10:06 AM »
I'm sure that someone will re-post the gashole coords over on I.S. once things get rolling, always want to have them marked on your GPS.

KingPerch

« Reply #2977 on: Dec 06, 2016, 12:32 PM »
Navionics, with community setting turned on, will show some hazards and gas holes. Those areas are marked with a red asterisks most times. Good luck!!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

reeleyz

« Reply #2978 on: Dec 06, 2016, 04:54 PM »
Navionics, with community setting turned on, will show some hazards and gas holes. Those areas are marked with a red asterisks most times. Good luck!!

X2 - I think every gas hole that was on that IS page has been added to navionics and quite a few more.

UglyStik

« Reply #2979 on: Dec 06, 2016, 05:28 PM »
iceshanty usually has a thread for gasholes, I thought they stickied it so it stayed up at the top.

KingPerch

« Reply #2980 on: Dec 06, 2016, 05:57 PM »
X2 - I think every gas hole that was on that IS page has been added to navionics and quite a few more.
I turned on Navionics on my phone today and found a few more gas holes have been added to the Oneida map!!! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

eyedoctor

« Reply #2981 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:15 PM »
when you guys are jigging down in the sylvan beach canal do you tip your jigs with half a worm?

step2jimi

« Reply #2982 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:18 PM »
Ill ne sure to use the navionics when traveling ill have my gps and phone mounted to the sled. Iv alwayse looked at mapps before hitting the water but it will be awesome to get to spots that are not over crowded. Your lake has got its hooks in me. Still learn somethimg every time i go. Seem to be getting better and better should be a fun season

filetandrelease

« Reply #2983 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:27 AM »
Don't wish to scare anyone but if you see anything that looks just a little off go around , new gas pockets do pop up once in awhile , trust me as much as I run it I have got off my sled to check out suspicious looking ice with a spud , and avoid yellow snow man made or by nature lol
1 of the reasons I walk until there is about 8" or more of ice , lots of guys run on 4" I know ,this just is my rule for Oneida other lakes I'll do 5"-6" to much invested to sink it

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #2984 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:35 AM »
Good advice FR We know how unevenly that lake freezes I often see gas holes where there were none previously. A good rule is to stay near someone else tracks weather walking or riding.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.