FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1473911 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #4020 on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:39 AM »
Had a blast as usual Fred. Was good to get Snag out there and to see a smile on his face after the few rough days he's had. It was a nice reprieve from work for myself as well. Been burning the candle at both ends! Those fish were slamming it yesterday afternoon. Some really healthy looking fish too!  The jig bite is showing no signs of letting up yet. Oh yeah almost forgot, Fred landed the only weed trout of the night! Straight bass homie 😜
Nice job findin em

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #4021 on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:50 AM »
Glad to see you guys are getting out and getting into some fish....h2l

KingPerch

« Reply #4022 on: Aug 09, 2017, 04:27 PM »
Nice picture Larry.

You got to show me some of your secrets without killing me afterwards. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Lol!! Just go bass fishing Jimmy!! You'll catch walleye!!😁🎣
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

eyedoctor

« Reply #4023 on: Aug 09, 2017, 06:07 PM »
fished from 7:30 to 1 with a good friend. Went to shackleton first and used sonars. rip raps and jigs. We caught 0ne sunnie, then 3sheephead with the biggest one going 15lbs. Yeah it was fun but time to move. Ended up going deep 40ft and trolling with leadcore with crankbaits working to get our limit with a couple nice perch to boot.

filetandrelease

« Reply #4024 on: Aug 10, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Eye doctor Sounds like a successful day to me
Got out with the guys yesterday afternoon , for some jigging , weather was pleasant , and it had a nice little wrinkles and the lake wasn't bad at far as the bloom goes , we managed to box out on eyes , snag caught a sizable cat and sheep and I tossed back a nice eye , hope to see her again this fall 😉, great night and Bobbies wife made us some blue berry muffins , I didn't want to be rude so I ate 2 , fun evening  lots of laughs

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #4025 on: Aug 10, 2017, 01:08 PM »
 Great report F&R. It's been an excellent blueberry season!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4026 on: Aug 10, 2017, 01:45 PM »
No pictures?     ???
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

reeleyz

« Reply #4027 on: Aug 10, 2017, 01:47 PM »
Great job guys!

X2 on the blueberries. I have been picking a lot of wild ones.

I got the 5 year old out on the big lake today for salmon. We ended up going 5/8, 2 skippy kings, a 1 year old king, a decent coho, and a steelie.

Just before we pulled the rods he asked if he could toss in a piece of cookie to get the fish to bite. 1 minute after he tossed it in his rigger goes off and a steelie starts doing the tail dance!!! He brought that one in on his own. We got a good laugh out of that!   ;D

Chowdaire

« Reply #4028 on: Aug 10, 2017, 02:21 PM »
That's awesome, Bruce!

Now you're going to have to keep an extra bag of cookies onboard to use for chum.

Nice job staying on the fish too, guys. I had my worst day of the year on Sunday in my brand new boat with a broken motor. Waited 18 weeks for the boat and now I'm waiting for a cracked cylinder cover to be replaced. Was supposed to be on vacation and fishing this week too.

Hopefully they're still chewing when I get back out there.

Good luck everybody!

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #4029 on: Aug 10, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Nice job on the big water Reeleyz, we used to just chuck a $20 bill in the drink, never tried cookies. LOL. Sorry to hear that Chowdaire. Hope they get you back up and running soon!

reeleyz

« Reply #4030 on: Aug 10, 2017, 03:35 PM »
Nice job on the big water Reeleyz, we used to just chuck a $20 bill in the drink, never tried cookies. LOL. Sorry to hear that Chowdaire. Hope they get you back up and running soon!

Well the 3 fish that we didn't boat cost more than $20 in lures!  >:(

I hope that boat is fixed soon and that they do a good job Chow!

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #4031 on: Aug 10, 2017, 03:51 PM »
 We used to try and net the ones surfacing with jewelry, and we weren't after the fish!  :w00t:

reeleyz

« Reply #4032 on: Aug 10, 2017, 05:54 PM »
We used to try and net the ones surfacing with jewelry, and we weren't after the fish!  :w00t:

LOL. I picked up a nice FF and a king doing that many years ago. Used to pick up j-plugs often too.

filetandrelease

« Reply #4033 on: Aug 10, 2017, 06:02 PM »
Sorry to hear of your trouble chowdaire that really sucks
Well Bruce great job on cookie chumming , who would have thought that steelhead had a sweet tooth

the bite is still going but does seem to be slowing , the fish are healthy but for the most part a little slimmer and still nothing in their bellies  

Chowdaire

« Reply #4034 on: Aug 10, 2017, 08:57 PM »
Great pics!

Those eyes are a bit slimmer but it looks like you guys got some good ones.

Still haven't' gotten into a cat myself this year but the sturgeon count is at 3. I said earlier that I had a bad day Sunday and it included breaking off a sturgeon that kept rolling on my leader.

I try to avoid those things but I don't know how you do it jigging deep.

Got the boat back this afternoon so let's hope all is well in the morning.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.