FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 4413 times)

abishop

WILLOW SLOUGH
« on: Sep 21, 2015, 02:25 PM »
The lake opened back up for fishing today. Front lot was full this morning. Hoping there are some good numbers being caught. Lake will stay open till October 13 then closes for duck season till ice season. Any reports today/anyone????? Thinking about giving it a try in a couple days. Anyone else going?

abishop

Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2015, 08:31 AM »
Was wondering what every ones opinion was about fishing on a sunny day verses a cloudy day. I have heard that cloudy days at the slough produce a better catch  because it is so shallow. I never really paid much attention. I know the clarity of the water is very poor there. Just curious to see what others have experienced there, (Willow Slough)??? I never seem to pay much attention while I am fishing. Always say I am going to starting to keep a fishing log but haven't yet. I will put it on my bucket list. Maybe when I am 80 I will be able to look back for reference LOL...

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2015, 08:32 AM »
Did anyone fish here on opening day Yesterday???

den58

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2015, 09:26 AM »
I've always done better on cloudy days on any lake

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2015, 09:33 PM »
Hittin the slough Monday. Any advise from anyone who has been lately. Think I will bring some minners and try for sum craps if the gills aren't hitin.

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2015, 01:51 PM »
Anyone going tomorrow? Two or three boats searching for them is always better than one. Anyone target crappie here. I did years ago before they drained it last time and used to pick up limits quite often. Haven't tried for them since then. Know of guys catching 12-14 inchers thru the ice a couple years ago. I never caught any thru the ice. know there are some dandies in there though.

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Had a lot of fun on the water today. Kept 19 between 8 1/2 to 9 3/4 inches. Hit on crawlers, red worms, bees mouth and crickets. Also had a 18 inch bass. That was fun. Probably threw back `15 smaller gills and caught 3 small bass. Less than 5 inches. Missed another 50 bites or so. Must of been very small fish or just sucking up the tail of the worm. The weeds weren't bad at all (to my surprise). Water temp was 70. Hopefully get back there later this week.

icecleate

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Glad you found them Al

Blueultra2

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2015, 12:38 AM »
Where's the pics?

crappiehunter

« Reply #9 on: Sep 29, 2015, 06:29 AM »
How much longer is it open??  Great report Al
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

abishop

« Reply #10 on: Sep 29, 2015, 06:50 AM »
Thought Nancy said till Oct. 13th.. It will close then for duck hunting season and not open back up until there is ice. Get  them while you can. Just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like a week of stronger north winds. This will make fishing a bit tougher. Good thing is there are enough channels and islands to help create a bit of a wind block. LOL

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2015, 09:58 AM »
Thinking that Tuesday will be a good to try to get a few more. Weather will warm up a bit by then, mostly cloudy and little winds = bluegill in the live well. Anyone else have the same idea.

crappiehunter

« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2015, 03:15 PM »
Got out in the Slough last Thurs. It was windy but we found some. We each caught 7, had a snickers bar on the line for the most! Had to split it!  Love the Slough. Water is up.

abishop

« Reply #13 on: Oct 04, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Mike, did you try for any gills???

crappiehunter

« Reply #14 on: Oct 04, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Nope Bassin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.