FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: michigan city. pier  (Read 1622 times)

Boomer

michigan city. pier
« on: Oct 04, 2015, 03:19 PM »
Got to the pier just about 8:00am. Set the wife up with a rod and bait. Son decided to look around some. I decided to throw the spoon I had on. Second cast and I was on a fish. Fought hard and deep. Figured it was not a steelhead or coho. Finally got to the net and on the third or fourth try my son netted the fish. A five and a half pound lake trout! My first lake trout ever. Surprised for sure!  Saw nothing else all day. Went home around one pm.

abishop

Re: michigan city. pier
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2015, 03:30 PM »
good job.

crappiehunter

« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2015, 05:06 PM »
Sounds like a nice fight! Congrats
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

ftwwalleye

« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2015, 06:27 PM »
Awesome!

High Flags

« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2015, 07:09 PM »
COOL! you never know what you will hook into out there

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2015, 08:26 PM »
A friend of mine that fishes there often told me it is not unheard of but is a rare catch off the pier. Anyone else have info on this?

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2015, 07:13 AM »
I don't know about MC, but I have fished the Salmon run on the Boardman River in Michigan, and there were lots of lakers in the lower sections of the River.  I didn't catch any, but the other guys fishing had a good number of them.  I am wondering if they don't follow the salmon up and feed on the eggs?

ftwwalleye

« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2015, 10:30 AM »
I don't know about MC, but I have fished the Salmon run on the Boardman River in Michigan, and there were lots of lakers in the lower sections of the River.  I didn't catch any, but the other guys fishing had a good number of them.  I am wondering if they don't follow the salmon up and feed on the eggs?
I love the boardman. Haven't seen many but I have seen a laker caught in trail creek. I imagine they are chasing food.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2015, 06:51 PM »
I love the boardman. Haven't seen many but I have seen a laker caught in trail creek. I imagine they are chasing food.

Beautiful country up there!  Although the river runs through downtown Traverse City

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.