FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wawasee  (Read 6197 times)

PEARCHEYES

Wawasee
« on: Oct 04, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Chased the golden bars around today did decent until the winds picked up kept 12 smallest was 8 biggest 10 fished 8ft of water wish I had some free time this week the freezer would be full

IcEmAn...24/7

• Toad Time!!!
Re: Wawasee
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2015, 01:51 PM »
Would like to get out there!!! Will be a week or two yet before I can.

Keep the perch reports coming!

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2015, 09:36 AM »
Chased the golden bars around today did decent until the winds picked up kept 12 smallest was 8 biggest 10 fished 8ft of water wish I had some free time this week the freezer would be full

The perch are in shallow now on Wawasee. My question is on How to get the big ones and stay away from the little ones?
Last week my friend rigged a walleye floating jig, chartruse color, with a stinger hook, drop shot style with a split shot sinker in 8'water.
He caught 4 nice chunky 10"-11" perch before losing it to a pike. I used a chartruse 1"tube jig rigged the same way.
I caught the smallest perch, and lots of em . We both tipped the lures with bee moths and or minnows.
Anyone have any tricks to share?

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2015, 10:00 AM »
No tricks perch are just roamers if you find some of the bigger perch generally you get a few together and then small ones the only advise is move around and chase after them and find the bigger ones again

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2015, 12:03 PM »
The perch are in shallow now on Wawasee. My question is on How to get the big ones and stay away from the little ones?
Last week my friend rigged a walleye floating jig, chartruse color, with a stinger hook, drop shot style with a split shot sinker in 8'water.
He caught 4 nice chunky 10"-11" perch before losing it to a pike. I used a chartruse 1"tube jig rigged the same way.
I caught the smallest perch, and lots of em . We both tipped the lures with bee moths and or minnows.
Anyone have any tricks to share?
That's the million dollar question. There are tons of Perch in Wawa you just have to search out the nice ones.

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2015, 07:52 PM »
That's the million dollar question. There are tons of Perch in Wawa you just have to search out the nice ones.
Well we made it out onto Wawasee today. We were a bit late getting started due to car in for repairs. But everyone in Johnsons Bay perch grass areas looked like they were catching 3" dinks. Only saw one nice one caught.
We went searching for gills and found some but caught lots of small gills for every decent one. The gills were on the deep side of the drop with some in the weeds. They were all about 4'down, suspended.

We are going to try again tomorrow. I'm going to check out some deep water too.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2015, 03:56 PM »
How bad were the whitecaps?

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2015, 07:35 PM »
How bad were the whitecaps?

Saturday there were no whitecaps. However we did get severely rocked by a totally ignorant boater who went by us at 1/3 throttle about 50' away waving friendly to us. Seconds later my buddy fishing the front of the pontoon boat was rocked to his knees, knocking the bucket of minnows down the center of the boat followed by a large container of bee moths. By the time I got him on his feet my older friend said" How did all that happen?" All I was concerned about was that he was OK and he was.

Today, Sunday it was hard to hold anchor but we fished and the waves weren't so bad. The small perch were on the flats. We didn't catch a keeper. But there were fish all over the deep side of the drop offs. They didn't really bite well until 4:30 to 5:30PM when we went in.

The fish seemed to rise from 16' to 20' to about 6' to 4' under the surface. We did catch some nice gills.

Valparaiso_Girl

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2015, 09:40 PM »
Keep at it!  Where's the pike?

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2015, 04:58 AM »
Wawasee was hard to fish Sunday I went out against better judgement caught a few only one real nice one it was on the edge of 12" hopefully some calmer weather ahead

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2015, 02:51 PM »
Great day on wa wa today kept 22 perch 8 to 10 inchers one almost 13 plus a bonus 24 inch northern just s lite ripple on the water until 1 then it was white caps and my day was done

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Great day on wa wa today kept 22 perch 8 to 10 inchers one almost 13 plus a bonus 24 inch northern just s lite ripple on the water until 1 then it was white caps and my day was done

Where did the whitecaps come from? All the "lakers" have gone home. Calm here on Syracuse Lake.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2015, 07:03 PM »
It was calm on wawasee most of day then around 1:00 winds kicked in 10 to 12 and white caps!

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2015, 09:25 PM »
Hit wawasee today kept 20 perch today and threw back several small northerns absolutely perfect day to be on the water talked to several other fisherman on the way out they did real good for bluegill seems like the fish are stoke in up for winter

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2015, 10:20 PM »
Hit wawasee today kept 20 perch today and threw back several small northerns absolutely perfect day to be on the water talked to several other fisherman on the way out they did real good for bluegill seems like the fish are stoke in up for winter
[/quote

I was out yesterday and kept 6 medium perch and one gill. Caught a 14" Bass and had two pike on.
Fishing was slow and windy and cold. Had a hard time staying anchored.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.