FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon river cove this morning  (Read 6263 times)

imsafanct

Re: Salmon river cove this morning
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2015, 07:25 AM »
Jon,

My buddy Bill is in for Sunday. He wants to launch at the Haddam Meadows ramp, which is cool because there's a spot I want to try there as well. Maybe we'll make a run down to the canal and try it again. High tide in Haddam on Sunday is 9:30ish, which means we'll be fishing the last two hours of incoming, the slack and the first two hours of outgoing, as you suggested.

-Eric

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2015, 08:17 AM »
Nice that should work out nicely.  I am staying closer to home and fishing the lake in Mass I mentioned before.  Slow towing goldens is the tactic for this weekend.  They recently stocked trout and I watched a pike murder one near the surface week before last so I don't think artificials are the way to go. 

eiderz

« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Good to know the stinklogs are cleaning out those pesky stockie trout.  :laugh:

imsafanct

« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Considering how many trout the state stocks in the Fenton, Mount Hope and Natchaug rivers during the year, I was wondering if any of them make their way down into Mansfield Hollow and become pike food. If I was a pike, I think I'd eat trout.

-Eric

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Nov 04, 2015, 10:19 AM »
Considering how many trout the state stocks in the Fenton, Mount Hope and Natchaug rivers during the year, I was wondering if any of them make their way down into Mansfield Hollow and become pike food. If I was a pike, I think I'd eat trout.

-Eric

Can't say how I know but its the best pike bait around.  In TN you can buy them live and liveline them for musky and stripers.

deerhunter

« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2015, 05:21 PM »
I saw that the governor of conn wants to close all fish hatcheries. is that true?

TT

« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2015, 05:52 PM »
I saw that the governor of conn wants to close all fish hatcheries. is that true?
   That is what is proposed in his budget. Close the hatcheries and lay off all the workers to save approx. 1.5 million dollars. This cut would effect not only the trout, kokanee and atlantic salmon stockings but also pike, walleye and catfish stockings.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.