FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Glide Your Way to More Muskies  (Read 14569 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Glide Your Way to More Muskies
« on: Oct 26, 2015, 04:50 PM »
When chasing muskies, I’m not going to tell you that using one particular style of lure is better than another, because, as you may have discovered while musky fishing, or for any species for that matter, is that just about any lure can shine given the right place and right time.  But there are times when fishing a glider that you’d think that it’s the only lure that you need in your box.  They're versatile and can be fished many different ways given right conditions, which is, quite frankly, often.

There are many types of gliders out there, sometimes referred to as glide baits or jerkbaits on the on-line tackle stores, and many can be productive.  There are many mass produced commercially sold gliders that are very effective.  Generally, these baits are a bit less expensive than the custom made baits, based on the time it takes to make them and their materials.  But no matter what type you decide to purchase, each one seems to have its own personality and way to trigger muskies to bite.

Interested in more?  Please check out the complete blog post at:

Glide Your Way to More Muskies

Please note, my blogs are not money generators.  I write purely for fun.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: Glide Your Way to More Muskies
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2015, 03:40 PM »
One of two fish that I caught on a glider this past Sunday.  This one fell for a walleye color Magic Maker, the other one attacked a dark walleye color Hot Tail.  I didn't get a picture of the first fish (the Hot Tail fish).  It flopped off the bump board and over the side of the boat!  My fishing buddy caught 5 muskies that day, 4 of them on the Magic Maker.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2015, 06:36 PM »
Great fish Kevin...   Sounds like a great outting...  Congratulations..     :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2015, 08:47 AM »
One of two fish that I caught on a glider this past Sunday.  This one fell for a walleye color Magic Maker, the other one attacked a dark walleye color Hot Tail.  I didn't get a picture of the first fish (the Hot Tail fish).  It flopped off the bump board and over the side of the boat!  My fishing buddy caught 5 muskies that day, 4 of them on the Magic Maker.

that had to be a great day,and that is a real nice fish
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Thanks guys!  It was a lot of fun.  Going to work the next day was really difficult and it was hard to focus!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.