FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Octoberfeast  (Read 2678 times)

Bartman44

Octoberfeast
« on: Nov 01, 2015, 08:33 AM »
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I did next to no fishing or tying in July, August or September. Nothing bad, just a lot of diversions. October was a different story and it was good to be on the water again. The walleye bite has been consistent, the trout were cooperative as well, and I spent several weekends on the coast with my boys chasing striped bass, which was just nuts at times. The key was to be mobile, as each day was a different story - the fish were on the move.

The weather forecast for early November is looking good so don't put the rods away, plenty of open water fishing left.

lowjack12

Re: Octoberfeast
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2015, 09:10 AM »
Nice pics. :tipup:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2015, 09:17 AM »
Wow Bart I guess you have been busy...   Those are great pictures.... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rakerdave

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Nice pics . Looks like you get around.

oatkasut

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2015, 12:54 PM »
what a great selection of fish!Your right about fishing this time of year; it's prime time for many species. I'mm still catching trout with the fly rod using dires ,nymphs and streamers. Can't complain about the nice weather as a bonus! Ice will come soon enough.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2015, 01:52 PM »
Great pics!!
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:53 PM »
Dandy brown , great pics thanks for sharing

big_guy_13021

« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2015, 09:31 AM »
Way to go nice pics

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Great pics...I got into them (stripers)on cape cod one year....what a blast and those blues...wow!!
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Bartman44

« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Great pics...I got into them (stripers)on cape cod one year....what a blast and those blues...wow!!
icejohn

Thanks for the comments all.

Yeah, blues are fun but they've  avoided me this fall except for the first 10 minutes of my first fall trip. I pull up to this spot with my wife and tell her I just want to take a few casts before we check in to the hotel. As I take my third cast I notice a dark blob (bait) out in front of me and in an instant there are 10-12 blues ripping through the bait. I foolishly cast with my light striper rig at them, three follow, one takes and it's off to the races. After a brief battle it cuts me off. By the time I tie back on with a shock tippet, they are gone - ghosts. I didn't run into a single blue the rest of my  trips.   Probably saved a few lures. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.