FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: western finger lake tribs  (Read 1772 times)

centerpinjosh

• live to fish forced to work
western finger lake tribs
« on: Nov 22, 2015, 07:07 AM »
Any one know how the tribs on Seneca, canandaguia, keuka and hemlock are fishing? Would like to try out a few before the season closes... I know those small streams n get slammed when you put something on the internet so feel free to pm me if you wish

St.Croix.Boy

• Just one more cast...
Re: western finger lake tribs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2015, 02:09 PM »
Catherine Creek is so low you could   across it...
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

centerpinjosh

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2015, 06:30 PM »
That's what I thought sounds like we need rain... You think any have tried with the low water?

St.Croix.Boy

• Just one more cast...
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2015, 08:12 AM »
I'm positive there are fish around. I'd been getting a few here and there. I guess it's mostly about how you fish and what conditions you like to fish in. I, for one, get very little enjoyment out of fishing low clear water. It takes the excitement out of hooking something you didn't see. In addition, you're almost sure to see a bunch of snagging cocksvckers out trying to foul hook fish. I tend to lose my cool with those types. I'm so over the low clear conditions around here that I drove down to the Susquehanna this weekend and hammered the smallies and caught a few walleye to boot on tubes and jigs. Nothing huge, but lots of fun. I just needed to be in a different element! lol

If you venture out this week I would fish deeper water around sunrise or just before sunset. It doesn't help with all the sunshine we've been getting, too. Jesus, this time last year western NY had 6 feet of snow!!!! LOL!
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

centerpinjosh

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2015, 12:21 PM »
Sounds like I should stay at my lake o and Erie tribs in till we get some water.....staggers definitely suck... I have a tendency to loose my cool with them as well

ecolt14527

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2015, 04:14 PM »
Centerpin:
   If you every decide to come east, two that I would recommend are Keuka Outlet around Dresden (inlet to Seneca) and Naples. Very little pressure and do have a good run of Browns, may be getting a little late this year.
       JTP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.