FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any news on the walleye?  (Read 4662 times)

Bputman

Any news on the walleye?
« on: Dec 23, 2015, 11:35 AM »
Since its 64° here in Warsaw I was thinking of chasing after some walleye. Was wondering if anyone has been out after them lately?

abishop

Re: Any news on the walleye?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2015, 12:12 PM »
Should be getting them below all dams now. But, haven't heard 4 sure.

ftwwalleye

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2015, 01:10 PM »
Since its 64° here in Warsaw I was thinking of chasing after some walleye. Was wondering if anyone has been out after them lately?
They are biting. Go to the usual spots you target them.

ftwwalleye

« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2015, 03:28 PM »
The hosey is rip roaring today. Went down there this morning and there was high water with a lot of debris. Only thing I caught was a maumee jellyfish. I cut my jig off...yuck

tater140

« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2015, 08:17 PM »
I have been thinking of heading out next week and targeting them.  I haven't walleye fished since this spring, so would love to run into a couple again. Do you guys recommend the same tactics as spring fishing, or do you have to slow down and go smaller?  I have had a lot of luck in the past casting x-raps, do they still work in the fall?

ftwwalleye

« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2015, 07:02 AM »
I have been thinking of heading out next week and targeting them.  I haven't walleye fished since this spring, so would love to run into a couple again. Do you guys recommend the same tactics as spring fishing, or do you have to slow down and go smaller?  I have had a lot of luck in the past casting x-raps, do they still work in the fall?
Slow presentation. Slow jigs and twister tails never go wrong.

Bputman

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Twister tails are always a go to. The X-raps do well for me but have to be fished pretty slow, a plus to them is they suspend in the water column. Bring more than one rod if you can and use the dead minnow approach on one or two rods and cast with the third. As soon as the rain calms down fishing should be good again here in a week or so

Ten Percent

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2015, 02:25 PM »

I LOVE the X-raps in the fall and have caught many eyes on them across multiple bodies of water. actually caught a quick limit on my favorite color (hot steel) a few nights ago

Bputman

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2015, 03:10 PM »
I was hoping to try out the UV raps Wednesday-Friday night but this ice and rain has really messed up the river I was going to try to fish.

tater140

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2015, 09:18 PM »
Im heading out to try tomorrow, we will see what happens.  I will post results ( if there are any)

tater140

« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2015, 06:38 AM »
Couldn't find any eyes last night.  My original plan was to stay out beyond dark and try the night bite.  I didn't make it out that late,. but who knows maybe they would have shown up after dark.  I was fishing my typical spring spots for eyes, and it could also be that is now where they are.  I thought with new years coming tonight that I'm too old to handle two late nights in a row. 

ftwwalleye

« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2015, 07:20 AM »
Tater,
The eyes have been thin. With the water high in rivers it's prob over until spring. They were biting good for a few days. Didn't try any lake spots. Mayebe we will be pulling them through 6 inch holes by the end of january!

Bputman

« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2015, 10:54 AM »
This rain really messed everything up, I drive my one of my river spots last night and it was washed out. Looks like it will be lakes until we get some ice

Mac Attack

« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2015, 09:10 PM »
No ice this year.

tater140

« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2016, 07:35 AM »
Im would love to fish for eyes around here through the ice.  I spent some time on erie last year and got the walleye bug.  So until that ices up ( if it does) i would love to find some locally.  Look me up when we get some ice and we can go see if we can find them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.