FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Getting bored here  (Read 1350 times)

82bronco

Getting bored here
« on: Feb 01, 2016, 10:47 PM »
Decent ice has been scarce this year and it looks like it's all going to hell this week.  Starting to dream of boats and kayaks.  I want to set up a Quabbin boat.  it's a big place and I want the best combination of fast and dry.  I know there's  are a lot of Quabbin expertise on this forum.  Any suggestions? I know about the 20/25HP max.  How much boat can I get up on plane with 25HP?  What's the best Quabbin ride out there?  What do you guys like?  Is there anybody out there? Hello?  Hello?

Baitbucket

Re: Getting bored here
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2016, 06:52 AM »
I got a 17ft SeaNymph with a 25hp 4stroke. I can hit 22mph on a calm day. I think most guys like the dual split console deep v hull boats. It can get sloppy out there and having some shielding from water and wind for you and your passenger is nice. A canopy is good to have too for trolling days.

Heres mine:

82bronco

« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2016, 08:23 PM »
Thanks Bait  That's a sweet rig you have there.  Also great pix on the shanty.  If I ever learn to catch bass like that i will then have to learn how to photo bucket.. Good fishing!!

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2016, 05:00 AM »
Just remember you have to obligate  that boat to the quabin  they put a seal on your  boat .just food for thought. Good luck with your boat.
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.